Jordan Pickford

Played well, kept Englandshire in the game at crucial moments, we always knew he was good. One of the few good English performances.

was that their assessment pre or post match?

He was one of about three to emerge with any credit tonight
Really?
Who?
Pickford is quality. What sets him apart from other keepers for me is his confidence with crosses and use of the ball when he gets it.
Can't knock him tonight, or at all when paying for England. He has been far from quality for club though.

Last edited:
Rice was superb? You’ll have to explain that one to me.
Fishing for reaction, surely?
Rice was awful. He appears not to have the ability, intelligence, or both to move the ball forwards.
Compare him to Kante, a real DM, and you see exactly what is lacking in his game. Kante breaks up play (job 1 i guess) but then looks forwards.
Can't apportion total blame to Rice. He is limited at best. The blame sits with Southgate for selecting him.
I appreciate Southgate is a naturally cautious manager but surely, if we are going to win tournaments, that caution has to be applied based upon the opposition. We have a squad not just 11 players. He should have the capability to select a team, a formation and tactics which change depending upon the quality and strengths of the opposition on a given day. He palpably does not. That or he simply does not trust many of the players he has chosen.

Unbelievable what Lee Dixon said about the save in the 1st half, he's an easy target
Incredible how I’ll informed some of these pundits are when it comes to goalkeeping.

he had probably less than half a second to react and make that save and lee dixon expects him to think about where to parry the ball instead of asking why the chances came from in the first place.

does my head in.
was a great save.

Fishing for reaction, surely?
Rice was awful. He appears not to have the ability, intelligence, or both to move the ball forwards.
Compare him to Kante, a real DM, and you see exactly what is lacking in his game. Kante breaks up play (job 1 i guess) but then looks forwards.
Can't apportion total blame to Rice. He is limited at best. The blame sits with Southgate for selecting him.
I appreciate Southgate is a naturally cautious manager but surely, if we are going to win tournaments, that caution has to be applied based upon the opposition. We have a squad not just 11 players. He should have the capability to select a team, a formation and tactics which change depending upon the quality and strengths of the opposition on a given day. He palpably does not. That or he simply does not trust many of the players he has chosen.

Rice was piss poor tonight but it had absolutely nothing to do with him moving the ball forward. Constantly got caught out with the ball being split in between our defence and midfield.

If you think Declan Rice is a poor player for the reasons you've posted then I'd suggest you watch him closer than you have been doing. He is a very good footballer and is more than comfortable at moving the ball and/or carrying it forward.

Back