Jordan Peterson is a mess

A video posted yesterday featuring Jordan Peterson. I'm only posting it here because I know he polarises opinion.

I'm only 15 minutes in but the subject is his usual philosophising on the contemporary human condition, he also can't stop himself from crying, this is an unstable man who knows that he is not telling the whole and unfettered truth.

This is a man caught between what he thinks is right and moral, and deescalating the current paradigm.

If you're a Jordan Peterson fan you have to try and see the shortcomings of his arguments because beyond getting you to function a little better in society he has little utility.

Since when does being emotional equal to being unstable? Do you class it as a weakness?

12,000 likes to 281 dislikes on that video.

It's OK for a man to be a bit emotional, bit a good role model for young men needs to be a headstrong and stoic one, he is clearly unstable because he can't stop himself from crying, he is likely in pain and realises he is caught between two worlds, hence why he can't keep his emotions in check when he is told he is a good person.

The likes ratio is cult of personality, you cant even criticise Peterson without a bunch of his fans jumping to defend his every breath. And this is coming from someone who really liked him at first, until I realised he is containing his arguments.

Must admit to never seeing him like that before as i have watched quite a few of his videos, as we know men can have periods so maybe it's his time of the month :):)

Before WW1 a man crying was seen as an honest, passionate, respectable thing to do. This changed over the years, stiff upper lip and all that. Maybe it's because now we actually see those people crying now.

agree with some of what he says on identity politics and enjoyed the way he dismantled the channel 4 bewer but tbh the sound of his voice grates. blubbn like a bairn isnt a good look for him either imo

A video posted yesterday featuring Jordan Peterson. I'm only posting it here because I know he polarises opinion.

I'm only 15 minutes in but the subject is his usual philosophising on the contemporary human condition, he also can't stop himself from crying, this is an unstable man who knows that he is not telling the whole and unfettered truth.

This is a man caught between what he thinks is right and moral, and deescalating the current paradigm.

If you're a Jordan Peterson fan you have to try and see the shortcomings of his arguments because beyond getting you to function a little better in society he has little utility.

I’ve never considered myself a “fan” but I think he makes some very well considered points about the methods and agendas of certain “progressive” movements.

Anyone who puts their unwavering faith in one person is on a dangerous road, and the degree of gander depends on who they choose to put that faith into.

I’ve never considered myself a “fan” but I think he makes some very well considered points about the methods and agendas of certain “progressive” movements.

Anyone who puts their unwavering faith in one person is on a dangerous road, and the degree of gander depends on who they choose to put that faith into.

Agree, this is why critical thinking is a key skill to work on, too many of us are relying on others to articulate things because we're not using our brains to reach these conclusions ourselves.

Back