Jordan Hunter

Just release the lad now loaning players to South Shields :eek:
Sure he will learn a lot, ya know playing a shit standard of football. Why not Carlisle or someone like that?
Tend to agree - our academy lads should be L2 or National League at a stretch. If Hunter is only good enough for South Shields (no disrespect) then he needs binning off
It's a short term loan playing senior football. He will learn more playing for them than playing for the u23s. To be honest I dont rate the lad but you will find nothing out about him at u23 level.

He can also come back here and train midweek. Very low risk loan

Nowhere near good enough for football league imo
Kevin Phillips started out with Baldock Town, then in the Southern Division of the Southern League, having been released by Southampton because he was considered ‘not good enough’.

Whatever happened to him ?

Kevin Phillips started out with Baldock Town, then in the Southern Division of the Southern League, having been released by Southampton because he was considered ‘not good enough’.

Whatever happened to him ?

Doesn’t make this lad any better

Doesn’t make this lad any better
Again I dont rate him but the leagues are littered with players who have non league roots. So if this lad or any others we send out improve because of a few months playing non league football then I'd be happy with that.

Again I dont rate him but the leagues are littered with players who have non league roots. So if this lad or any others we send out improve because of a few months playing non league football then I'd be happy with that.

I agree. Think it’s the best thing to do if you back yourself and your ability. No point being in the u23 side of a league 1 club with no prospect of playing a game. If you’re nowhere near when the sides at the clubs lowest point at 19/20/21 year old then maybe it is best to look elsewhere

Back