Jonny Williams

Who needs enemies.
Surely even you couldn’t help feeling some sympathy with the demons he was facing on the STID series?
Maybe just needs a club right now and fans that actually want him.

Massive character in our dressing room by all accounts. All you see is a happy and smiling face with the players and fans alike.
Taking everything into consideration right now that just might be a superb place to be in. Our fans have taken to him.
Cobblers fans are making out you were lucky to get a point yesterday - some shite about a disallowed goal should have stood - fair reflection or they just being salty?

Loving the lad at Swindon.
Only lasting around 65 minutes at present but a cracking addition to our team.

Fast becoming a fans favourite and best of all seeing a smile back on the face playing football.
Must have the smallest midfield in the league with Reed, Williams and Payne.
Getting his fitness but you can see the quality with the ball at his feet.
Flatters to deceive

Mentally weak might have been the wrong, harsher way to describe it. But the way he came across on STID didn't make it look like he was mentally cut out for the trials and tribulations of a football career that's all.

He's had a few injury problems and I reckon if he was mentally stronger he'd have bounced back from them a bit quicker. Don't get me wrong, he's had a couple of fairly serious injuries but a lot of them are strains and pulls. It sounds awful but a few of them are probably in his head. Always strikes me as a bit of a victim when I hear him interviewed.

See post #39, I've tried to explain it a bit more there.
Yes, mentally weak is definitely the wrong way to describe it. Even more so is describing it as JUST mentally weak. That's also either the wrong description or quite naive. Why the need for the word just? as if it makes the injuries and troubles he's faced his fault any more than a broken leg would.

Cobblers fans are making out you were lucky to get a point yesterday - some shite about a disallowed goal should have stood - fair reflection or they just being salty?

Listen to their Manager said is was an excellent advert for league two football and a fair result.
Could have gone either way and 2 contrasting styles.
Both teams hit the woodwork we could have gone 2-0 in front and they had a disallowed goal spotted by the 4th official for an off the ball infringement, that Swindon fans were screaming for behind the goal.

They are just a big physical side that work on corners, free kicks and throw ins. Very good at it and most of the goals this season coming from defenders and set pieces - can see why.
We are all about possession, probing and finding spaces to play in. I know which style I would prefer to watch but all about opinion and mainly results.

I know a few Cobblers fans and they said we are the best footballing side they have played. All about consolidation this season but still think we can improve.
It was an excellent game and they are not used to loud boisterous away following. Their stewards were class though.

Last edited:
I like this. Obviously a decent lad with a lot of ability. I hope he does well with Swindon
This, got loads of ability but just gets injured too often. Feel for him as it really affected him when he was here….

Loving the lad at Swindon.
Only lasting around 65 minutes at present but a cracking addition to our team.

Fast becoming a fans favourite and best of all seeing a smile back on the face playing football.
Must have the smallest midfield in the league with Reed, Williams and Payne.
Getting his fitness but you can see the quality with the ball at his feet.
I liked him for Wales and I think he was decent on the ball for us. To me he was a lot more mobile than other midfielders we had at the time.
Load of cobblers.

Last edited:
I remember his debut against forest thinking what a great player he was, excellent on the ball, since that game he just kept getting injured players would target him every week and he ended up with a really bad shoulder injury i think it was.

Back