Jonathan Van Tam

He was very engaging throughout all of this and has bags of charisma. It is a shame to see him go but I can’t say I blame him. I dread to imagine what pressure him and CW have been under

JVT'S BEST 'VAN-TAMISMS'​

• "Follow the guidance. Don't tear the pants out of it, and don't go further than the guidance actually says."

• "So this is like getting to the end of the play-off final. It has gone to penalties, the first player goes up, scores the goal. You haven't won the cup yet, but what it does is it tells you the goalkeeper can be beaten."

• "I think the mum test is very important here. My mum is 78, she'll be 79 shortly, and I've already said to her: 'Mum, make sure when you're called you're ready - be ready to take this up, this is really important for you because of your age and just be ready to be called'."

• "It's the second penalty now, that has also gone into the back of the net, so we are starting to feel in a better position."

• "The train has now slowed down safely, it has now stopped in the station and the doors have opened."

• "This is a complex product with a very fragile culture. It is not a yoghurt that can be taken out of the fridge and put back in multiple times."

• "Do I believe that we are now on the glide path to landing this plane? Yes, I think I do. Do I accept that sometimes, when you are on the glide path, you can have a side wind and that the landing is not totally straightforward, totally textbook? Of course. And this is the real science world that we live in, but yes, I think we are on the glide path - over."

• "It is like having a spring in a box and you've got the lid on. Now you can take the lid off a little, but you haven't disconnected the spring or broken the spring in any way. If you take the lid right off, the spring is still under tension, off it will go again."

• "This whole concept is like a hose pipe in your garden with a tap at one end, and when you turn that tap off, water still comes out for a few seconds before it dies down."

• "If everyone in a certain area turns on their sprinkler in the garden at the same time, the water pressure will go down for a while."

"It's clear in the first half, the away team gave us an absolute battering, and what we've done now is it's the 70th minute, they got a goal, and in the 70th minute we've now got an equaliser. Okay, we've got to hold our nerve now, see if we can get another goal and nick it. But the key thing is not to lose it, not to throw it away at this point because we've got a point on the board, and we've got the draw

JVT'S BEST 'VAN-TAMISMS'​

• "Follow the guidance. Don't tear the pants out of it, and don't go further than the guidance actually says."

• "So this is like getting to the end of the play-off final. It has gone to penalties, the first player goes up, scores the goal. You haven't won the cup yet, but what it does is it tells you the goalkeeper can be beaten."

• "I think the mum test is very important here. My mum is 78, she'll be 79 shortly, and I've already said to her: 'Mum, make sure when you're called you're ready - be ready to take this up, this is really important for you because of your age and just be ready to be called'."

• "It's the second penalty now, that has also gone into the back of the net, so we are starting to feel in a better position."

• "The train has now slowed down safely, it has now stopped in the station and the doors have opened."

• "This is a complex product with a very fragile culture. It is not a yoghurt that can be taken out of the fridge and put back in multiple times."

• "Do I believe that we are now on the glide path to landing this plane? Yes, I think I do. Do I accept that sometimes, when you are on the glide path, you can have a side wind and that the landing is not totally straightforward, totally textbook? Of course. And this is the real science world that we live in, but yes, I think we are on the glide path - over."

• "It is like having a spring in a box and you've got the lid on. Now you can take the lid off a little, but you haven't disconnected the spring or broken the spring in any way. If you take the lid right off, the spring is still under tension, off it will go again."

• "This whole concept is like a hose pipe in your garden with a tap at one end, and when you turn that tap off, water still comes out for a few seconds before it dies down."

• "If everyone in a certain area turns on their sprinkler in the garden at the same time, the water pressure will go down for a while."

"It's clear in the first half, the away team gave us an absolute battering, and what we've done now is it's the 70th minute, they got a goal, and in the 70th minute we've now got an equaliser. Okay, we've got to hold our nerve now, see if we can get another goal and nick it. But the key thing is not to lose it, not to throw it away at this point because we've got a point on the board, and we've got the draw
Brilliant. Witty and Van Tam have been man of the match contenders.

Van Tam is your flair player with a few verbal tricks up his sleeve whereas witty is your no nonsense centre half who rolls his sleeves up and gets on with the stuff no one else wants to do.

Back