Joker

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
I hope there's not a sequal. Perfect self-contained one off film for me.
It's a movie made by a comic book company. They can't help themselves when it comes to sequels. I'd say it's a shoe in that there will be a follow up.

I thought it was poorly written, personally. Everything is clearly telegraphed, and it’s a simple progression showing someone becoming increasingly unhinged. This is formulaic and predictable.

The character of The Joker has no duality and there’s nothing particularly interesting about him at all. The movie is like a bad remake of Taxi Driver, without a ‘Jodie Foster’ character anchoring it and providing any kind of tension.

The most interesting character - and the biggest missed opportunity in the movie - is Thomas Wayne, however the writers were overly pre-occupied with a ‘and then’ narrative structure focussed on the character of The Joker’s mental instability rather than utilising the more captivating ‘but/therefore’ rule to make an interesting movie.
So,not for you .That's fine

They fucked it up with the Joker murdering Batman's father and not like in Batman's true origin story where Joe Chill is the Gotham City mugger

They didn't say it was though.

I assumed it was just a rioter who did it as he had the rioters mask on.

I think you're right they still changed the plot entirely with Joker's father and the timeline

Yeah that's the thing with reboots. Too many attempts with a director's own view on it. Studios should agree the best story and let the story progress with the best director for it

Tree-f***ing-mendous . Best film I've seen at the flicks for ages. Phenomenal performance by Pheonix. Mesmerising. So much social commentary in it. Been reading some criticism about it inspiring more mass killings by society rejects, but for me that's one of the points of it.

Back