Joker

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Saw it today. Joaquin was superb. Strange film though, I was engrossed throughout but the first 90 mins felt a bit all over the shop and a bit pondering. Last 30 minutes was very good though.

Didn’t like the bits with Wayne family but must be setting up for a sequel.

Thought Phoenix's performance was better than the actual film if that makes sense, I didn't love it but didn't hate it either, seemed too polished for the feel it was trying to go for imo. 6.5/10

it didn't need to be anything to do with batman it could of just been about a clown with mensal health problems

i really can't understand how people can't grasp this its no the wonder certain people don't like it if they can't understand basic things like this
I think you’re missing the point. Everyone understands he made up the relationship with the woman in his head.

Some people think that scenes like that hint that the whole thing up to the hospital scene is made up by him during his interview. The final scene before the hospital he’s free. In that scene she’s trying to get him to snap out of something and some people argue it’s a hint that the prior scenes were the joke the interviewer wouldn’t get. Personally think people are reading into it too much.

Went to see it tonight and thought it was a bit meh tbh. The first hour dragged on loads then got slightly better for the second hour. I couldn't put myself thru that again when it comes our on sky movies. Once is enough.
Agree about watching it again. I probably won't but then again I've stopped watching most films more than once tbh.

Saw it.

Excellent piece of method acting in a film that pretends to be about stuff but is only about giving someone a showcase to method act. It sort of gestures at stuff without having the courage to say anything about any if it.

Maybe it's just me but I would much rather watch the story of Arthur, which is engrossing, rather than I, Daniel Blake but in the end he becomes Joker, which is what this is.

There are literally millions of people in the world like Arthur, let down by the structures which should support and care for them, and that's awful, but not one of them has ever become the Joker as a consequence. It's not social commentary to say that as a result of callous societies and a shitty healthcare people become the Joker, because they f***ing dont.

Very good to look at though, great shot composition.

Back