Joker

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27897

Just seen it last night,

I have to say, this is well worth watching. It generated a lot of controversy in the US, but this is really not your average comic book good buy/bad guy film.

Instead of being based on your usual "supernatural powers, "sci-fi" and other unrealistic far-fetched cliches targeted at kids, this film's strength comes from its endeavor to be real, to reflect the world we live in.

The character's transformation into the Joker is in fact an extremely well written political and social commentary exploring themes such as mental illness, inequality, disillusionment, class dynamics, hopelessness and "us vs. them"

Absolutely recommend this. Original, thrilling and gripping.

Really immature film choice this. Absolutely for bairns. I can imagine the pictures being full of vegetarian students and types that work in offices drinking from cups with wacky slogans on them.

Just seen it last night,

I have to say, this is well worth watching. It generated a lot of controversy in the US, but this is really not your average comic book good buy/bad guy film.

Instead of being based on your usual "supernatural powers, "sci-fi" and other unrealistic far-fetched cliches targeted at kids, this film's strength comes from its endeavor to be real, to reflect the world we live in.

The character's transformation into the Joker is in fact an extremely well written political and social commentary exploring themes such as mental illness, inequality, disillusionment, class dynamics, hopelessness and "us vs. them"

THOR

Just seen it last night,

So this Joker isn't just a poster boy for sad Incels then?

Toneet
Just seen it last night,

did u get your free poster ?

im looking forward to seeing it but i cant relate him to The Joker
Maybe because this is in no way a superhero film..

i cant stand superhero stuff and i think the best batman films were the christopher nolan ones. i think it's a bit of normality adds something watchable instead of over the top green screen and stuff

Last edited:

Back