Joint Bank Accounts

Nope, tried it years ago an the missus used to see it a free bottomless money generator.

Now her wage gets paid to my account and I control the finances, that's we're not homeless living under a bridge.

We have our own bank accounts. I pay her a standing order every month which tops hers up to the level needed to pay her regular costs. Any joint expenditure comes from my account including bills, mortgage etc.

Typing this I'm starting to think that a joint account may be a better idea.

Yes we have one as I work abroad so if anything goes wrong the good lady has access to the bank account with all the money in it. It's also the one that is linked to all of our insurance policies too so if anything happens to either of us the kids know where the money will go.

She has her own personal account that I do not have access to or a need to have access to it as she gets paid in that one and then all the bills come out of ours.

Joint accounts since we moved in together, I’d be destitute if we hadn’t. She’s sensible I’m not..

plus as someone mentioned earlier , she gets way more than me so I’m happy :lol:
Going back to the days of cheques we had separate ones. i knew to the penny what was in my account, she tallied up every six weeks or so.

why the fook would i want my lass knowing what i spend my money on......WHY HAVE YOU SPENT £45 on babestation again this month

It's not an either / or thing you know.
It is possible to have joint account for joint stuff, and still keep personal ones for personal stuff.

tbh its weird that you dont.

Set one up and pay half the bills each month and then whatever is left is yours. If you want to waste £45 on babestation thats your own fault imo.
We've never done that, as it would mean I would have always had more spare cash then her with earning more.

whether you have a joint account for bills or not, you still have to work out how much each person puts in so who's paying for which bills. whats the point of transferring the money from 1 account to another to pay a bill. just pay it directly from the first account.

Back