Joint accounts or separate accounts?

Do you have kids? What's the deal if they need something and your missus can't afford her share?
It’s never been an issue but obviously I’d just pay for anything for my kids. Doesn’t mean I want her spending my money on shite the rest of the time. Seems to me it’s just a recipe for constant arguments.

Are you for real? So you would see your wife struggle by while you laud it over her as the Lord of the manner!
:lol: of course not but we both earn plenty of money so this isn’t really something I’ve had to think about.

It’s never been an issue but obviously I’d just pay for anything for my kids. Doesn’t mean I want her spending my money on shite the rest of the time. Seems to me it’s just a recipe for constant arguments.

What if she lost her job? Would you give her a loan for her to eat and stuff?

So you'd be happy to spend it on your kids (on anything) but not on your wife? I think I've just time travelled into an episode of Life on Mars.

What if she lost her job? Would you give her a loan for her to eat and stuff?

He'd probably deposit the scraps off his plate into some sort of hopper with a food bank post-it note on it.

Separate accounts then lump sums transfered into bill account, mortgages accounts then sub accounts for savings, littleuns money, holidays etc etc.
Let her deal with all that as I can't be arsed, just get the highlights every now and again of how much is saved etc

So you'd be happy to spend it on your kids (on anything) but not on your wife? I think I've just time travelled into an episode of Life on Mars.

He'd probably deposit the scraps off his plate into some sort of hopper with a food bank post-it note on it.
You seem to be annoyed because your wife has conned you into handing over all your money.

I’ve always handed the lot over to our lass(my bank card) and told her to take whatever.

So then the situation would change wouldn’t it. f***ing hell. Stop trying to justify your own situation.

You said you'd make her borrow money from you to eat man. I'm hoping you were joking!

I've got no reason to justify my own situation. Our money mainly goes on the bairns anyway.

Back