Joined a gym for a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some shite spouted by so called nutritionalists.
I started training 30 months ago. I'd been through a bad, bad time and was down to 8 stone (not good at 6'). It was hard for me to push protien because I was skint. Just ramped up what I could and counted calories. Wasn't happy unless I did 6000 a day. Made sure I always had breaky and that I had at least two more meals a day.

2 and a bit years and 3 stone later. Strength is up nearly 200% on some excercises. Hard graft and sensible eating is what its about.

Wish I could get some of these pills the young-uns keep going on about on the SMB where you pop a couple a day and in three weeks your doorman material.

I know, which is why I urged hm to post something based on actual research, not daft internet articles (which weren't even relevant) or anything of the like.

Also, Youtube 'gurus' like the 'HodgeTwins' or 'TwinMuscleWorkout', who have actually recent said stuff like "No science on this channel, just pure bro-science" :confused:

They've also actually blocked Alan Aragon from their youtube channel for basically hammering them so bad with the use of relevant scientific research, that it prompted them to take the video in question off youtube :lol:.

I know, which is why I urged hm to post something based on actual research, not daft internet articles (which weren't even relevant) or anything of the like.

Also, Youtube 'gurus' like the 'HodgeTwins' or 'TwinMuscleWorkout', who have actually recent said stuff like "No science on this channel, just pure bro-science" :confused:

They've also actually blocked Alan Aragon from their youtube channel for basically hammering them so bad with the use of relevant scientific research, that it prompted them to take the video in question off youtube :lol:.

There's not actually such a thing as a nutritionist. They're just pseudoscientists for the most part. The only person you should be taking diet advice from at a professional level is a doctor.

There's not actually such a thing as a nutritionist. They're just pseudoscientists for the most part. The only person you should be taking diet advice from at a professional level is a doctor.

I prefer to take my nutrition advice from those who dedicate a lot of time to studying the nutritional sciences and keep up to date with credible research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back