Johnson acknowledges vaccine doesn't stop spread

Does it still stop oranges from catching it? You'd better get researching.

The vaccines were very effective against transmission of Wuhan classic and Alpha, Delta was the fly in the ointment. However, they're all still very effective at preventing serious illness and death, get vaccinated.

It protects some people from picking up the virus, just as it protects some people from being seriously ill.

I think this has been known for a long time now.

I think the vaccines probably haven't been as effective in reducing transmission has hoped, but in terms of preventing serious illness they've done a very good job - to this point.

It's not clear how the vaccines will perform when we get into the worst months, but you'd think the boosters will help. I'd imagine they've held off administering them because they're going to be most needed from the beginning of December so you'd hope those at risk will have had their boosters by the second week in November at the latest.

It was said very early on that vaccines alone were not the full solution; that social distancing and mask wearing were the other ingredients needed. Science and health bodies have been drumming this into people since July, but of course the wizards on here know better. The wizards dip into google and post graphs with lines on and tell everyone it's over, most of the time they don't know what they're posting and don't bother to read the caveats expressly stated in the graphs they're posting.

If anyone is still listening to RTG's wizard scientists, it's like the 19th century when the advent of science made the age of magic redundant, but some people were still practicing and relying upon magic to govern their decisions. There are a few on here who are undoubtedly reading tea leaves, playing cards and generally talking like witches, warlocks and wizards.

Back