Johnny Depp v Amber Heard Defamation Trial

Actor Johnny Depp is suing ex-wife Amber Heard for $50 million for defamation in connection with Heard’s 2018 Washington Post op-ed, in which she spoke out about being the victim of domestic violence. Heard’s article did not specifically name Depp as her alleged abuser, but according to Depp’s lawsuit, it relied “on the central premise that Ms. Heard was a domestic abuse victim and that Mr. Depp perpetrated domestic violence against her.” Amber Heard is counter-suing Depp for $100 million. The defamation trial began Monday in Fairfax County Circuit Court in Virginia, with jury selection completing on the same day. There is a possibility of celebrity witnesses testifying, including James Franco and Elon Musk.

Has anyone been watching it, just watched abit this afternoon and i've never heard the c and f word used so many times in my entire life in court. These both are so messed up, i wonder which celebrities take to the witness stand.

Actor Johnny Depp is suing ex-wife Amber Heard for $50 million for defamation in connection with Heard’s 2018 Washington Post op-ed, in which she spoke out about being the victim of domestic violence. Heard’s article did not specifically name Depp as her alleged abuser, but according to Depp’s lawsuit, it relied “on the central premise that Ms. Heard was a domestic abuse victim and that Mr. Depp perpetrated domestic violence against her.” Amber Heard is counter-suing Depp for $100 million. The defamation trial began Monday in Fairfax County Circuit Court in Virginia, with jury selection completing on the same day. There is a possibility of celebrity witnesses testifying, including James Franco and Elon Musk.

Has anyone been watching it, just watched abit this afternoon and i've never heard the c and f word used so many times in my entire life in court. These both are so messed up, i wonder which celebrities take to the witness stand.
I think she's a dangerous woman but he already got branded a wife beater by the sun and they won that case. If I were him I would've just left it, he could lose again and the only real winners will be the lawyers (and his wealth is veritably nose diving sadly).

Is Deppy a girlhood crush of yours?
Nope.
It’s not that simple

Johnny Depo had lost loads of work (money) as a result of Herd’s claims. Now that it looks like she was making it all up and was actually the abuser herself, he has every right to try and take her to the cleaners
Oh I fully agree, it's just the sun ruling that could go against him and I worry that has already sullied the water.

Last edited:
Fair point well made.
Just seems a bit trivial mate. Two mega wealthy people fighting to be noticed. Seems to be working for them.
It’s domestic abuse, no matter the profile of the perpetrator and victim. It’s equally as important as what’s happening in Ukraine etc.

You can’t just let people get away with braying each other’s heads in just cos the leccy bill has gone up

Back