John O'Shea

aye i can clerly see why players want to play for safc...even good loyal servants of the club dfuring a period of relative success get abuse off the morons on here..

if he pays attention to what alex ferguson thought him during the hundreds of games he plated under fergie he will be fine..

Like Keane did?

Hope he does well, been left with a great base to build on.

Fits the bill for me to be a good coach - had his physical limitations so had to work at his game. Had to learn the game rather than rely on speed, physique or extreme talent. If he can communicate that to the players they’ll have a great resource.

Very professional guy. Clearly cared. Always stood up to be counted.

He wasn’t the issue. He kept giving his all like a punch drunk boxer when the club clearly should have replaced him earlier. Sadly the recruitment was bollocks and O’Sheas honesty and application was enough to keep him in the side.

He didn’t fail the club the club failed him.

Fits the bill for me to be a good coach - had his physical limitations so had to work at his game. Had to learn the game rather than rely on speed, physique or extreme talent. If he can communicate that to the players they’ll have a great resource.

He wasn’t the issue. He kept giving his all like a punch drunk boxer when the club clearly should have replaced him earlier. Sadly the recruitment was bollocks and O’Sheas honesty and application was enough to keep him in the side.

Spot on.

Hold on man, he was surplus to requirements and Man Utd we picked him up gave loads of money every week, of course he was loyal.
No more loyal than lets say Bally who is a legend

Great post and absolutely spot on. This should educate a few people but others are beyond help.

Like Keane did?
ferguson made keane a better footbller for sure..not sure keane has a good record as a coach though he had some success as a manager...which is a differet job..keae has been crap as a cpach and moderate as amanager..ferguson never was really a coach either..thing is..he had the cop on to have good coaches working with him..keane never did that..
Hold on man, he was surplus to requirements and Man Utd we picked him up gave loads of money every week, of course he was loyal.
No more loyal than lets say Bally who is a legend
oshea was certianly a better footballer than bally..

ferguson made keane a better footbller for sure..not sure keane has a good record as a coach though he had some success as a manager...which is a differet job..keae has been crap as a cpach and moderate as amanager..ferguson never was really a coach either..thing is..he had the cop on to have good coaches working with him..keane never did that..

oshea was certianly a better footballer than bally..

Apart from Saxton who I think he kept on, I can't even remember his other coaches.

Apart from Saxton who I think he kept on, I can't even remember his other coaches.
alex fergusons?
brian kidd, carlos queroz, steve mclaren..
all high profile people regarded as top coaches (if poor managers)
keanes major obstacle to being a mamager might be that he only worked with managers, clough and ferguson, who by the time he worked with them, had already made thier reputatios and so were left to do things as they wanted..keane thought thats how it is for everyone..
didnt know you have to be good before you get to be what clough was at forest and ferguson was at united..you dont walk in fresh from the street and get to be that..

alex fergusons?
keanes major obstacle to being a mamager might be that he only worked with managers, clough and ferguson, who by the time he worked with them, had already made thier reputatios and so were left to do things as they wanted..keane thought thats how it is for everyone..
didnt know you have to be good before you get to be what clough was at forest and ferguson was at united..you dont walk in fresh from the street and get to be that..

Keane

alex fergusons?

Arsene Wenger went in to Arsenal and did everything his way with virtually zero reputation certainly in this country? So it can be done.

Arguably had a huge hand in revolutionising the game too.

Keane was a breathe of air for us and wanted standards that far surpass anything we’ve seen since. For a first job and despite admitting to many mistakes he didn’t do too bad. So to compare him to Ferguson and Clough in their pomp is a little harsh

Back