John O'Shea

Good servant but when he was outed as the rotten core went off him.
Whee coaches the irish U21s is of not significant in the grand scheme of things.

he was always good at organising the defece at set pieces etc..problem was in open play for him..at the end of his career..

but maybe he can teach them whatever he did for man utd for the hundreds of games he played..
:lol: :lol:
he was nevr fast...wasnt his game to have pace..was a good servant of the club until his very last season..
You do know we were paying him to play, and he was one of the slowest footballers I've ever seen

Last edited:
he was always good at organising the defece at set pieces etc..problem was in open play for him..at the end of his career..

but maybe he can teach them whatever he did for man utd for the hundreds of games he played..

One of the worst goals we've ever conceeded here on about 52 seconds - Captain Fantastic firmly in control. An extreme example, but shows what could happen regularly if the opposition launched it into the box with O'Shea in the heart of defence:

Though I fully agree with you that defending from open play was a massive problem for him as well, in addition to his huge deficiencies at set pieces.

Also agree that he will have to rely on what he saw in his time at Man United. He will have to have a good think about it - as he seemed to have completely forgotten it by the time he got here.

I remember Coleman saying on the radio he would ask the question in the dressing room post match who was fit for the next match which was met with a mixed response but JOS would always say he was fit for the next game even when at times he clearly wasn't.

Back