John O'Shea

Save yourself a lot of heartache and don’t bother. Unbelievably frustrating game!!
Where are you staying? If at western end of algarve go to the Atlantic beaches Bordeira and Amado and try surfing/ bodyboarding instead!!
I'm going to Turkey, marra. Although I did go to The Algarve quite a few year back.

Or he's on holiday and dropped in for a bit crack? I seen the picture and wondered when he'd be linked with a return. The bloke has retired and is probably enjoying the school holidays with his kids for the first time ever.
The liars & shit stirrers love this kind of stuff. They turn a tiny bit of factual information into a full blown story made up in their own heads :lol:

Or he's on holiday and dropped in for a bit crack? I seen the picture and wondered when he'd be linked with a return. The bloke has retired and is probably enjoying the school holidays with his kids for the first time ever.
I'd happily see him back in a coaching role... think he gave us great service, albeit the "rotten core " aside, who really knows.
Very good defender in his day and could only help.
I never believed there was a rotten core, just a team captain and a club captain representing and saying what other players were voicing among themselves.

Earned enough from us to do it probably! never got why he is held in such high esteem by some on here, Johnny Average

Was a main stay of our defence for 7 years, other than a brief period when Kaboul and Kone displaced him. Everytime we’d bring a couple of centre backs in they’d usually be f***ing shite and we’d have to put him back in and rely on his experience and leadership to glue it together. So he may have been average but he wasn’t brain dead and totally shite like most of the clowns we put alongside him during that 7 years. Add to that he was a top bloke off the field and gave us his all on it, average or not. Can’t understand why anyone would dislike him.

Was a main stay of our defence for 7 years, other than a brief period when Kaboul and Kone displaced him. Everytime we’d bring a couple of centre backs in they’d usually be f***ing shite and we’d have to put him back in and rely on his experience and leadership to glue it together. So he may have been average but he wasn’t brain dead and totally shite like most of the clowns we put alongside him during that 7 years. Add to that he was a top bloke off the field and gave us his all on it, average or not. Can’t understand why anyone would dislike him.
You said it twice, average, pleased you agreed, never said he didn't give us his all just his all wasn't really enough, his replacements almost to a man were gash but the fact he needed replacing says everything, people I know who know him reckon he's top notch as a bloke, his personality wasn't ever problem, his averagness was.

You said it twice, average, pleased you agreed, never said he didn't give us his all just his all wasn't really enough, his replacements almost to a man were gash but the fact he needed replacing says everything, people I know who know him reckon he's top notch as a bloke, his personality wasn't ever problem, his averagness was.

We’d have been relegated a long time before we actually were without him. And as you said his replacements were gash and we relied on him. He always stood up. It was a damning of our recruitment that we couldn’t bring in younger defenders to learn from and eventually better him and Wes Brown, but instead he was still being relied on well into his mid 30s. Why would you hold him in low esteem? We now have a bunch of defenders who could only dream of being as ‘average’ as he was in the game.

Back