John O'Shea

Was a main stay of our defence for 7 years, other than a brief period when Kaboul and Kone displaced him. Everytime we’d bring a couple of centre backs in they’d usually be f***ing shite and we’d have to put him back in and rely on his experience and leadership to glue it together. So he may have been average but he wasn’t brain dead and totally shite like most of the clowns we put alongside him during that 7 years. Add to that he was a top bloke off the field and gave us his all on it, average or not. Can’t understand why anyone would dislike him.
Because in those 7 years apart from when Kobe and Kaboul replaced him our defence was horrific. People say he organised the defence, I’d hate to see what it looked like without him pointing to the man who scored who he was supposed to be marking!

When at Man Utd and younger surrounded by good players he was good. Phil Neville a similar player went to Everton and stood out. Sadly John O'Shea did not reach those lofty heights for us. For me and it is opinions on here he was a bit better than the all in wrestler Gary Breen. That time at Crystal Palace when he turned like a stricken oil tanker and gave the pen away and still lasted ages

You said it twice, average, pleased you agreed, never said he didn't give us his all just his all wasn't really enough, his replacements almost to a man were gash but the fact he needed replacing says everything, people I know who know him reckon he's top notch as a bloke, his personality wasn't ever problem, his averagness was.
He was an average Premier league player. Makes him better than most we've had recently

We should have kept him last season and we would be looking forward to returning to the Championship now instead of another season in league 1.

Because in those 7 years apart from when Kobe and Kaboul replaced him our defence was horrific. People say he organised the defence, I’d hate to see what it looked like without him pointing to the man who scored who he was supposed to be marking!
A perfect summary mate....100%

Back