RR John O’Shea: another year, or time to say goodbye?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how many people want him here.
He hamstrings the entire team. He can't push up. Its true pace isn't the be all and end all, but O'Shea isn't good enough. If we could actually play on the counter then fine, but we can't so he has to go.

We must seize the opportunity of putting a diabolical experience behind us by re-branding the team and the club itself. Out with the old in with the new. We need to rebuild from the ground up and that means new young players, pace, flair, and key a new, young ambitious manager. Our current model isn't up for PL football so we have to reinvent ourselves if we are going to have a chance of returning to the PL and critically staying there.

It's the most important few months coming up for the club. If we wallow in self pity we will be potentially in the abyss for years. JOS can stay as a coach, or in the backroom staff, but no way as a player.

John O Shea being a regular in our side this season tells us why we have never managed to move onwards and upwards.
Might as well keep him, the daft bastards probably would've if we had stayed up. :rolleyes:

Can still do a job as proved this year, and we won't be in as difficult of a division.

Decides his experience won't do any harm to have round the club.

I'd like to see him given one more year. I like the idea of us going out and buying a young centre half this summer and O'Shea to kind of mentor him for a year.

But this is Moyes' sunderland. We'll let O'Shea go and replace him with another 35yr old.

Considering who we currently have, who will leave and our financial plight it makes sense to keep him.

I agree with a lot of posters regarding bringing in a younger and more mobile replacement, but we will not have it all our own way in the Championship. I would be happy for JoS to stay and be used as late cover from the bench in those games where we are being forced to play deep to hold on for 1 or 3 points, especially if that were combined with some sort of role coaching youth players.

I agree with a lot of posters regarding bringing in a younger and more mobile replacement, but we will not have it all our own way in the Championship. I would be happy for JoS to stay and be used as late cover from the bench in those games where we are being forced to play deep to hold on for 1 or 3 points, especially if that were combined with some sort of role coaching youth players.

Give him a coaching role too can't be much worse than bracewell

Been with the club through all of the managers who complained about the rotten core ..coincidence? not in my opinion .

lads he must go, he is not the Angel you think BTW
his game face has gone his little bit pace has gone and his head is one of the first to drop when we concede
thanks but no thanks there can be no sentiment on our playing staff or coaching staff
if your gonna BBOOOO the do it when brace stands up.

Precisely this. Fuck knows why Moyes has kept this charlatan as his assistant. Banter or not,when you assistant is going round telling his mag mates that our players are shite then there's a problem with him!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back