John Lennon and Yoko Ono

Just that "seemed like a nice bloke " thing you always here
Not really. I can enjoy the music without necessarily liking the musician. Same with footballers - like George Best...or maybe our very own Adam J who tens of thousands cheered as he ran the length of the field to 'give some back' to the Newcastle fans ripping on him about being a child sexual abuser. Morals are pretty arbitory depending on your viewpoint I suppose.

But even if Fred West had built me an extension on me kitchen - would anyone expect me to tear it down once the story broke?

No? Same with Lennon, Marley and their music.

Not really. I can enjoy the music without necessarily liking the musician. Same with footballers - like George Best...or maybe our very own Adam J who tens of thousands cheered as he ran the length of the field to 'give some back' to the Newcastle fans ripping on him about being a child sexual abuser. Morals are pretty arbitory depending on your viewpoint I suppose.

But even if Fred West had built me an extension on me kitchen - would anyone expect me to tear it down once the story broke?

If there was the likelihood of bodies beneath that kitchen extension, yes they would ;)

Why should we brush it under the carpet? He was a great musician and song writer but a complete kernt.

If I recall, he hit Cynthia once in college. Which is shameful behaviour and should be rightfully condemned but it's hardly a history of a chronic wife beater that people seem to gleefully throw at him whenever his name pops up

FWIW, The Onion is a satirical news site.

Gerraway

Last edited:
How Yoko Ono relentlessly pursued John Lennon | Daily Mail Online

Just reading this in (I know) The Mail serialising a new book, I didn't realise how much went on that was so crazy, some of the quotes may be lies of course but the pictures aren't. Imagine having one of the band members' lasses have input in the studio, or even be there really. And she even made it onto a record sleeve!

Worked out alright for Black Sabbath

In Utero is an immense Nirvana record as well and Courtney was around and simultaneously Celebrity Skin is a quality record and Kurt was around

Last edited:

I'm saying its like a surprise to them,like they can't be brilliant and charming and evil in equal measure .Not so long ago we knew nothing about the people we put on pedestals .

Double standards really. We should separate the artist from his personal life, which is fine. But imagine (no pun intended) if we said that about Gary Glitter!:lol:

Depends on the crime though, John Lennon wasn’t in the same league as Glitter.

Most people do things they regret or make mistakes, sure Lennon made plenty especially considering his drug taking probably effected his behaviour. However he never really got a chance to make up for it, grow old and mature.

Gary Glitter is a serial sex offender/peadophile

If I recall, he hit Cynthia once in college. Which is shameful behaviour and should be rightfully condemned but it's hardly a history of a chronic wife beater that people seem to gleefully throw at him whenever his name pops up

Gerraway
People talk utter shite about Lennon. He was canny fcked up and his personal life a mess but he was basically a genius and a class bloke.

If Lennon was alive he'd be more annoying than Bono.
Aye what a horrible sentiment give peace a chance is! :rolleyes:

That was more Billy Corgan

Depends which rumour mill you read. It's no secret that CS is by far and away Hole's best record, and I'm saying this from a position as a fan of Courtney Love but it's very convenient that her best songwriting was at a time when she was living with Cobain.

Corgan is also a genius, but I don't think Courtney Love was quite his preference in that regard.

Back