Joggers

It’s dog walkers that piss me off. None of the fuckers will move out of the way so you have to run on the road to avoid them and they have their dogs on extendable leads which trip you up. I run regularly and have never seen so many dog walkers on the streets, wonder where they normally go?!?

A labradoodle chased me yesterday with a tennis ball wanting to play. Really wanted to stop but probably not sensible at the minute :lol:

A labradoodle chased me yesterday with a tennis ball wanting to play. Really wanted to stop but probably not sensible at the minute :lol:
I would love to play tennis with a labradoodle. I reckon I would win 6-0, 6-0.

However, on a serious note a dog scratches you and it gets infected, immune system weakens, go to hospital, catch Covid with a weakened immune system, then die.

I would have booted the owner and told them to get their f***ing killer doodle under control.

Dog walkers with dogs on a 6 metre leads taking up the entire paths were out in force last night when I went out for a run.

Also witnessed a woman about to walk away and not pick up her dogs shit. Had a right go at her.

I would love to play tennis with a labradoodle. I reckon I would win 6-0, 6-0.

However, on a serious note a dog scratches you and it gets infected, immune system weakens, go to hospital, catch Covid with a weakened immune system, then die.

I would have booted the owner and told them to get their f***ing killer doodle under control.

I'm so shit at tennis I think the dog would actually take a few games off me :lol:

I have noticed seeing a lot of joggers lately and more than usual since the lock down, i guess its inspired people to get fit. Any beginners on here?

I have started the couch to 10k. I am not a runner at all, I did the great north run about 8 years ago and hated every second of it. I spend my summer doing agility with my dogs which is more of a burst 60 seconds exercise, couple that with the activity of setting up and pulling down quite a big touring caravan setup has kept me reasonably healthy. I've put weight on over the winter though and now with none of those activities going ahead meant I had to do something. So put on a pair of trainers and going for a run with the cocker spaniel, on a short lead, seems to make the most sense. I am having to cross the road multiple times to avoid people.

I did some youtube research on posture and technique when running.

Some very unusual techniques out there at the moment. And red faces :lol: But I think it is great people are getting out and doing something.

Save the NHS a fortune in the long run (pun not intended)
I think there is also something in metabolism or skin type that gives people red faces. I go red really quickly and stay red for a good while after exercise. I get a bit embarrassed about it at times. I have always been fairly slim. I could lose 2-3kg to get rid of a small spread in the middle but much more than that, I'd look unhealthy. I do a fair amount of sport and my resting pulse is usually about 54-56 bpm, so I'm pretty fit.

However, I can do a bit of a warm up in football and look like I've done a 3 mile run. My heart rate is still normal but I'm already red. An hour after, I can be sitting feeling fresh, calm and heart rate below 60 but still be red faced. I know a couple of other people like me. Someone did say that sometimes it can be a sign of a body preparing itself for exercise. I tend to be a give it all type, so in the warm up my body knows hard exercise is coming and starts the cooling and regulation process in advance. Not sure if that is a thing or they were tryingto make me feel better about a lighthouse appearance!

I agree about water on runs. I tend not to do anything more than 3 miles - after that I stop enjoying it. That is usually 23-24 minutes running for me, making it shorter and less intense than a half of 5-a-side. I don't sip drinks during the match, and wait until half time. If I can do that, no reason to carry water on a short run. I bet the majority of runners out are doing around 3 miles.

I think there is also something in metabolism or skin type that gives people red faces. I go red really quickly and stay red for a good while after exercise. I get a bit embarrassed about it at times. I have always been fairly slim. I could lose 2-3kg to get rid of a small spread in the middle but much more than that, I'd look unhealthy. I do a fair amount of sport and my resting pulse is usually about 54-56 bpm, so I'm pretty fit.

However, I can do a bit of a warm up in football and look like I've done a 3 mile run. My heart rate is still normal but I'm already red. An hour after, I can be sitting feeling fresh, calm and heart rate below 60 but still be red faced. I know a couple of other people like me. Someone did say that sometimes it can be a sign of a body preparing itself for exercise. I tend to be a give it all type, so in the warm up my body knows hard exercise is coming and starts the cooling and regulation process in advance. Not sure if that is a thing or they were tryingto make me feel better about a lighthouse appearance!

I agree about water on runs. I tend not to do anything more than 3 miles - after that I stop enjoying it. That is usually 23-24 minutes running for me, making it shorter and less intense than a half of 5-a-side. I don't sip drinks during the match, and wait until half time. If I can do that, no reason to carry water on a short run. I bet the majority of runners out are doing around 3 miles.

I don't think you are included in the unfit puffing and panting fatty group. :lol:

I'm sure I think I'm looking great when I run but will look like an old bloke in distress:lol:

Back