Joe Wicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amy fans of his on here? I hadn't heard of him until the Mrs bought me his book for xmas. I've made loads of the meals, very easy and tasty, and they do only take 15 mins, unlike Jamie Oliver's 30 min meals which took almost an hour.

He seems to have built up quite a following and had inspired a lot of unfit/unhealthy people to make a change.

I've been using a number of his recipes since Jan and lost a stone and a half. I like his approach to food; low carb meals but allowing yourself good carbs post workout. Some of his portion sizes are too much though. I do his over night oats and decrease the ingredients by 1/3 as it'd be about 800 calories!

Apparently he's made over £10m from the 3 month fitness programs he knocks out for £150 a go. He's everywhere these days TV, radio, knocking out books, dvds etc. He's done very well for himself from a fairly simple business idea.

Done the Thai green curry this savvo. For tea like but i had a bit taste. Lusharooney. Spicy as fuck like.

I've done the sea bass one before and it was nice anarl. Sometimes you don't need to follow the recipe steadfastly, just to get an idea or a bit inspiration.

It's helped me anyhow.

Done the Thai green curry this savvo. For tea like but i had a bit taste. Lusharooney. Spicy as fuck like.

I've done the sea bass one before and it was nice anarl. Sometimes you don't need to follow the recipe steadfastly, just to get an idea or a bit inspiration.

It's helped me anyhow.

I caught you a delicious sea bass.

It's helped me anyhow.

I made the Cod Tagliatelle tonight, quite light, decent taste. Swapped the celery for leeks as I had them in and used dried instead of fresh pasta.

Got my overnight oats prepped and I'll probably make In a hurry Cottage Pie tomorrow night.

I made the Cod Tagliatelle tonight, quite light, decent taste. Swapped the celery for leeks as I had them in and used dried instead of fresh pasta.

Got my overnight oats prepped and I'll probably make In a hurry Cottage Pie tomorrow night.
Not seen that. It in the red book?

Week 3 into his 3 month plan. Too much food but recipes are easy and many can be frozen. The build up bagel for post exercise is bloody lovely. Exercise isn't difficult but is intense. Idea is 40 seconds rapid exercise then 20 seconds rest. Currently have 5 exercises and 4 reps. Look great before I start. Look like a bumbling wreck after. Good stuff for me though and enjoying so far.

Week 7 of the 12 week plan. Been an interesting time. I've stuck to his direction with all sessions and with food. The Thai Broth I could live on forever.

In first Phase I was doing about 30 minutes in the gym (5 times a week) including warm up/down. Phase 2 I'm now in there for about 50 minutes. He adds two sets of weights to the 4 sets of HiiT, with 10 reps of 10 for each weight session.

I was initially attracted with the idea of do less Phys and eat more :) Reality is for this Phase I've almost doubled gym time (4 times a week) and need the food rather than feeling full on the first Phase.

I dropped 1 stone 4lbs in first 4 weeks, don't expect anything like that in this Phase as the idea is to shape the body rather than lose more. Next Phase I understand is almost back to the food of Phase 1 and more HiiT.

It's worked for me, but I cannot wait for a bag of chips.

His free YouTube workouts are pretty good, lots of variety depending on how intense a workout you're after
Aye I agree with this. I haven't followed any of his eating plans so can't comment I've just done some of his HIIT sessions on YouTube. Good, free workout imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back