Joe Hugill

That was bullshit spoated by the club. There is a lot more than nothing we can do

We have just been too easy in allowing our youngsters to go and not putting up too much resistance. Basically taking compensation

What do you propose they do instead?

They can’t force these kids to stay whether we like it or not.

What do you propose they do instead?

They can’t force these kids to stay whether we like it or not.
Well you can stop them from signing for another club.

We can also refuse an approach from another club. Other clubs arent allowed to speak with a player or their representatives without our permission

We can also seriously sell our vision of the club to these young lads. Remember we hold the upper hand anyway as they are our player and already here.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but as I understood it, if a player is only on a youth contract then they can be approached by other clubs regardless as there’s no transfer fee involved?
Wrong mate

They are our players and other clubs would have to approach us first. We would also be due compensation.

We can refuse permission and that should be the end of it. Those are the rules

Last edited:
Wrong mate

They are our players and other clubs would have to approach us first. We would also be due compensation.

We can refuse permission and that should be the end of it. Those are the rules
Exactly - the lad who went to Liverpool's Mam confirmed that on here and clearly said SAFC did nothing to try and keep him. I was hoping the recent contract for the goalie and the addition of aged McNamee might change the trend. We will have a massive hole if we don't stop this trend. How we handle this with Hugill is a real watershed moment - yes, there's no guarantee that kids make it but we desperately need to stop this trend of cashing in on our future talent.

Exactly - the lad who went to Liverpool's Mam confirmed that on here and clearly said SAFC did nothing to try and keep him. I was hoping the recent contract for the goalie and the addition of aged McNamee might change the trend. We will have a massive hole if we don't stop this trend. How we handle this with Hugill is a real watershed moment - yes, there's no guarantee that kids make it but we desperately need to stop this trend of cashing in on our future talent.
Totally agree. Really need to show no we mean business with the Academy and we see this as a massive part of our future

At the end of the day, spurs are premier league we are league one..I hope his family understand it would be better for him to remain here and not have their heads turned. But I also understand if they do..
His family are mlf, I used to go to away games, with his dad and 2 of his uncles. Haven't seen them for years, so have no inside knowledge. Hopefully we can start to hold onto our young talent.

Back