Jobs going

It’s going to be a bleak winter for a lot of folk. This offer of £1k to an employer to keep a person in a job is a joke.
Very poor. The chancellor is too busy patting himself on the back to listen to what people fear.

Bollocks.

I’m not saying it’s wrong or right - but a company’s main responsibility is to its shareholders. Not their employees.

That said in good times, what’s good for the shareholders is usually good for the employees too.

In bad times, decisions have to be made to protect the company so in the long run more people can be employed.
The employees are their shareholders.

I'm not working at the moment but I'm still in contact with people I was working for. The amount of work has dropped considerably. I'm looking for other work now as I don't think I'll be able to pick up as much work in marketing as I was doing before this all kicked off.

It’s going to be a bleak winter for a lot of folk. This offer of £1k to an employer to keep a person in a job is a joke.
Very poor. The chancellor is too busy patting himself on the back to listen to what people fear.
They are doing a very good job of making themselves look like they are doing a lot but materially I doubt the proposals will make an iota of difference. Going to be mass unemployment but they’ll say ‘well we tried we did X, Y and Z’.

Its a catch 22. Early doors the Government hesitated with lock down to protect the ecconomy, but if they did and followed the new zealand model then everything by now would be fully open and the ecconomy back in full swing. You could argue if you locked down now for a additional couple of weeks, get everything down to zero and stop a second wave then long term you would gain.

Or New Zealand may face worse if there is a second wave - their actions (well intentioned and more decisive leadership than our own admittedly) might have just delayed their economic downturn until later

The whole world is fucked.

It's not limited to the UK.
No but as has been the case with number of deaths, some are more fucked than others, and with our lot in charge and Hard Brexit round the corner, it's going to be bad

Only plus side is that people who haven't given a shit about Tory incompetence for the past decade because it dosent affect them are going to get some idea if what it's like to be on the sharp end of it themselves

Bollocks.

I’m not saying it’s wrong or right - but a company’s main responsibility is to its shareholders. Not their employees.

That said in good times, what’s good for the shareholders is usually good for the employees too.

In bad times, decisions have to be made to protect the company so in the long run more people can be employed.

I’m sure sure the next time someone can’t afford to fill up their car, pay the gas bill or buy something nice for their kids, they’ll at least be able to sit back and think “thank goodness someone thought of the shareholders”.

Was always going to happen, what suorised me was the amount of people who thoight it would Bounce back and then wanting to stop in and be locked up forever would not have this effect.

My place is starting consultation also. 3 million jobs will go imo

The Swedish central bank is predicting a contraction of between 7 and 10 per cent in the Swedish economy this year, about par with the rest of Europe.

But apart from that yeah, fully intact.

The first quarter I'm on about, obviously they are going to be screwed like everyone else later down the line.

I’m sure sure the next time someone can’t afford to fill up their car, pay the gas bill or buy something nice for their kids, they’ll at least be able to sit back and think “thank goodness someone thought of the shareholders”.
That is fair, to be honest.

Mass unemployment, businesses collapsing all over the place, you'd think some people might have predicted this would happen when you decide to destroy your economy. Why did no one warn us this might be the result 😉. I seem to remember people were screaming for everything to be shut down and to be locked down even further. They weren't bothered about the economic effects it was "health not wealth" and "I'd rather be unemployed than dead". These same people will now be complaining that jobs are being lost and that if we had a the lockdown the week before it would be all hunky dory now and that we would live happily ever after.

Back