Jobs going

Prepare for mass long term unemployment. Expect government courses as a sop withlittle or nothing at the end of the. It could make the 1980s look small beer.All because the stupid people at the top followed Trump and ignored the virus. Herd immunity, what a great idea. Brexit? A nation half full of ...............!
?

So whose fault is it? You seem confused. The US? Our Gov or the democratic decisions we made as a country?

So whose fault is it? You seem confused. The US? Our Gov or the democratic decisions we made as a country?
The government primarily, for misleading people, the electorate however need to take responsibility for this too. Blaming Labour or immigrants won’t wash anymore. The economy has been beaten to an inch of his life and just as it’ll start to come out of the dark place the hammer blow of crashing out of the EU in January will occur.

Im losing my job was coming long before covid as where i work is being taken over and our office is closing but was worried about getting a new job before all this now im am really panicing about it

I am not in the least confused. To try to suggest that there are not people behind this (why do thet give Bannon so much credence?) pulling the strings is just naive now. Follow the pattern from the start what Trump did we followed soon after. That includes totally underestimating covid -19 until it was rampant. Locking down too late, easing up too early. You sre simply trying to muddy the waters and deflecting the blame. This government have made one hell of a mess and those who lose their jobs are about to find out what that means.

I lived as a youth through 3m+ unemployed during the 80's and its was f***ing grim.

I've not done that bad for mesel but the lack of opportunity put me back years and I've always been playing catch up tbh.
It definitely scars. I was just glad to get any kind of employment. Made me appreciate all I have and take nowt for granted.

And some people want us to stay in lockdown.
Its a catch 22. Early doors the Government hesitated with lock down to protect the ecconomy, but if they did and followed the new zealand model then everything by now would be fully open and the ecconomy back in full swing. You could argue if you locked down now for a additional couple of weeks, get everything down to zero and stop a second wave then long term you would gain.

Prepare for mass long term unemployment. Expect government courses as a sop withlittle or nothing at the end of the. It could make the 1980s look small beer.All because the stupid people at the top followed Trump and ignored the virus. Herd immunity, what a great idea. Brexit? A nation half full of ...............!
?

Swedens economy is still fully intact & the 70k predicted casualties don't seem to have materialised either 🤷‍♂️

Swedens economy is still fully intact & the 70k predicted casualties don't seem to have materialised either 🤷‍♂️
Yes, I am not familiar what state theirs was in to be honest. It has, of course become too easy to dispose of workers here as opposed to Germany for instance. This happened to me in the 1980s, it is not the same as losing your job when things are “normal” many other factors come into play. I know people now who lost their jobs in the 1980s who have never had a steady job since.
And some people want us to stay in lockdown.
And some people want us to leave with no deal. Do you think this is a short term problem?

Last edited:
Im losing my job was coming long before covid as where i work is being taken over and our office is closing but was worried about getting a new job before all this now im am really panicing about it
I hope you manage to find something quickly, it’s going to be an extremely worrying time for people

Bollocks.

I’m not saying it’s wrong or right - but a company’s main responsibility is to its shareholders. Not their employees.

That said in good times, what’s good for the shareholders is usually good for the employees too.

In bad times, decisions have to be made to protect the company so in the long run more people can be employed.
That the way its always been. its when they use the virus as a excuse to cut wages and conditions to maximise profit then it become exploitations

I hope you manage to find something quickly, it’s going to be an extremely worrying time for people
Thanks fingers crossed im lucky that where i work has what they call enhanced redundancy so instead of the normal 1 week per yr im going to het 90% of my monthly wage per yr and ive been there a while so if it comes to it il have enough to fall back in just dont want to be out of work to long as i know it will effect me mentally

Thanks fingers crossed im lucky that where i work has what they call enhanced redundancy so instead of the normal 1 week per yr im going to het 90% of my monthly wage per yr and ive been there a while so if it comes to it il have enough to fall back in just dont want to be out of work to long as i know it will effect me mentally
It’s good you have a little bit of buffer, it will take away some of the anxieties in the short term at least, good luck

With the buffer you can at least look at part time and stop gap jobs till you find a suitable job.

Last edited:

Back