Job vacancy at SAFC.

as long as we don't get to Wembley again it should be an ok gig.

good to see the club investing in it

I've applied but fanciful given i don't have any requisite skills nor experience, i think you'd be ideal given your current career, it's a dream job for any fan being honest.

Would you want to work for the club? This would include working matchdays manning the clubs twitter, so you’d have to give up the season ticket, and not being able to have an opinion about the football that didn’t clash with work, and have to constantly think about where the boundaries of professionalism lie? Couldn’t think of much worse to work for than the club tbh

Below average. :neutral:

Depends which average you go for I guess. Median salary is significantly lower than the mean salary. I believe ones around 23-24k and the other just short of 30k for the north east. Varies according to sources and things though. I find the median is more representative of the public as it cuts out the obscene earners who skew the statistics northward

not great.

I'd love to work for the club/at the club. I'd quite happily spend my days sat tweeting folk to email the ticket office with their queries. :lol:

the wage however isn't appealing. If 18-22k is accurate of course.

I think you also have to make montages of goals scored on each day in history and think up a tacky slogan unique to each day. And have really poor banter when responding to other clubs on twitter

not great.

I'd love to work for the club/at the club. I'd quite happily spend my days sat tweeting folk to email the ticket office with their queries. :lol:

the wage however isn't appealing. If 18-22k is accurate of course.
Only way to find out is to apply. You can always say no if you're offered it and the wage is too low.

I think you also have to make montages of goals scored on each day in history and think up a tacky slogan unique to each day. And have really poor banter when responding to other clubs on twitter

The SLO isn't part of the media team. Chris Waters does not run the official club twitter.

The advert isn’t for Chris waters’ job. I know a lad who does this same job in the same team, who now runs the Sunderland twitter.

The Twitter is ran by one of three people as far as im aware. Oscar Chamberlain (who is head of media), Connor Bromley who came from Roker Report and is part of the media team and one other who is also media. Chris (or the club) created a Supporters Liaison team last season and they employed two others to join Chris Waters.

the advert is for someone to join Chris Waters' department, not Oscar Chamberlain's.

If the club wanted someone to do montages then they'd be asking for someone with a background in media.

The Twitter is ran by one of three people as far as im aware. Oscar Chamberlain (who is head of media), Connor Bromley who came from Roker Report and is part of the media team and one other who is also media. Chris (or the club) created a Supporters Liaison team last season and they employed two others to join Chris Waters.

the advert is for someone to join Chris Waters' department, not Oscar Chamberlain's.

If the club wanted someone to do montages then they'd be asking for someone with a background in media.

Then you are unaware.

Would you want to work for the club? This would include working matchdays manning the clubs twitter, so you’d have to give up the season ticket, and not being able to have an opinion about the football that didn’t clash with work, and have to constantly think about where the boundaries of professionalism lie? Couldn’t think of much worse to work for than the club tbh

Exactly this, it would take the fun out of the misery :).

Back