Job dilemma

Ive was offered a job on friday which aint great pay but any money is better than none. So i accepted. 3 months outta work has been a pain

Today ive been approached to go for a job double the salary. Am i twat for entertaining the idea of going for it and leaving first company in lurch, or am i doing right by hedging bets. Keep job 1 if i dont get job 2, ditch job 1 if i do get it.

I really hate going back on my word..

It really depends on the following:

1) Is the job in Malta?
2) Do you want to be an unqualified millionaire for very little effort?
3) Did @Its Him Again seem pissed when he offered you this great opportunity?

Ive was offered a job on friday which aint great pay but any money is better than none. So i accepted. 3 months outta work has been a pain

Today ive been approached to go for a job double the salary. Am i twat for entertaining the idea of going for it and leaving first company in lurch, or am i doing right by hedging bets. Keep job 1 if i dont get job 2, ditch job 1 if i do get it.

Say nowt to job 1 until you're offered job 2.

Ditch Job 1 if you get Job 2. When all is said and done, you are just a number on a payroll to any employer no matter how nice they are to you. There are so many people looking for work now they will fill the vacancy in no time.

I recently read of a minimum wage pub job that got over a thousand applicants. The first lot will find an employee in the same day if they really want to. Absolutely have to go for the higher paid one.

Look after number one.

I am in a similar position.

Today I have a Google Hangouts meeting at 9:15 with someone from OneMotion over the delivery driver job. It's permanent bur money may not be great.

I got a call from ASDA yesterday about the job as temporary online packer. It does not last as long but could be on better money than the delivery driver job.

What do I do?

Today I have a Google Hangouts meeting at 9:15 with someone from OneMotion over the delivery driver job. It's permanent bur money may not be great.

I got a call from ASDA yesterday about the job as temporary online packer. It does not last as long but could be on better money than the delivery driver job.

What do I do?
You love driving and it’s permanent so go for that one.

What do I do?
In the current climate, and given that the situation may worsen, I’d be targeting some sustained income, so the driving job for me.
Your decision however, good luck this morning and going forward.

What do I do?

Go for both. Worry about it when you get offers.

If you get both I'd take the perm driving job (assuming it's steady income and not some paid by unit set up). Can always look for something else if you need more money or don't enjoy it.

Go for both. Worry about it when you get offers.

If you get both I'd take the perm driving job (assuming it's steady income and not some paid by unit set up). Can always look for something else if you need more money or don't enjoy it.

Looks like it's ASDA and a 4am start.

The OneMotion person who was meant to chat to me on Google Hangouts never called me at 9:15 this morning. Never mind. Just one in a long line of letdowns and disappointments

Looks like it's ASDA and a 4am start.

The OneMotion person who was meant to chat to me on Google Hangouts never called me at 9:15 this morning. Never mind. Just one in a long line of letdowns and disappointments
Sadly, some employers, agencies etc, have no idea of the anxiety and expectation that an applicant has, when applying for, or waiting on an interview.

Maybe you've dodged a bullet. Good luck in your new role, hopefully you enjoy it.

Sadly, some employers, agencies etc, have no idea of the anxiety and expectation that an applicant has, when applying for, or waiting on an interview.

Maybe you've dodged a bullet. Good luck in your new role, hopefully you enjoy it.

With me I don't usually have any expectations fortunately. What can I expect to happen exactly?

Maybe I have mate. Who knows. There is an awful lot of delivery companies and few seem to have a good review. I was thinking about a company called Hunter & Jones. Anyone know anything about them? They are a Sunderland based company. But after what I have read about lots of others I am not so sure.

I'm not sure what to do with my situation tbf. I've was furloughed in April and in July I got called back, with my boss saying "she's done me a big favour and he went out of his way for me to come back". However, a company I applied for a job with a while ago recently got in touch to say it might be going ahead and if I was still interested (similar money but better company and career progression opportunities). I think will ultimately go for it, but think I might come across bad to my current employer and don't want to burn any bridges. I have previously asked about a salary increase and career progression (prior to COVID), but ultimately have been knocked back on the salary increase and they have just increased my workload and used that as what they constitute as career progression. So there are really forcing my hand.

I'm not sure what to do with my situation tbf. I've was furloughed in April and in July I got called back, with my boss saying "she's done me a big favour and he went out of his way for me to come back". However, a company I applied for a job with a while ago recently got in touch to say it might be going ahead and if I was still interested (similar money but better company and career progression opportunities). I think will ultimately go for it, but think I might come across bad to my current employer and don't want to burn any bridges. I have previously asked about a salary increase and career progression (prior to COVID), but ultimately have been knocked back on the salary increase and they have just increased my workload and used that as what they constitute as career progression. So there are really forcing my hand.
Go for the interview and see wat happens. The company owe you nothing as your just a number. Look after no 1 mate.

Think you already know the answer. Go for it, worry about making a choice when you get an offer but if you go for it and you're professional throughout your notice period it won't burn bridges.

'As you can imagine I was putting out feelers earlier in the year with all the uncertainty going on and ultimately it's led to a great offer. Thanks for everything here but I feel this is an opportunity I have to take'.

If you're working for someone who can't understand or accept that then it's not someone worth working for.

Back