Job dilemma

Ive was offered a job on friday which aint great pay but any money is better than none. So i accepted. 3 months outta work has been a pain

Today ive been approached to go for a job double the salary. Am i twat for entertaining the idea of going for it and leaving first company in lurch, or am i doing right by hedging bets. Keep job 1 if i dont get job 2, ditch job 1 if i do get it.

I really hate going back on my word..

Ive was offered a job on friday which aint great pay but any money is better than none. So i accepted. 3 months outta work has been a pain

Today ive been approached to go for a job double the salary. Am i twat for entertaining the idea of going for it and leaving first company in lurch, or am i doing right by hedging bets. Keep job 1 if i dont get job 2, ditch job 1 if i do get it.

You have to do what's best for you and your family.
Especially in the current climate.

Double the salary is a big difference. Go and speak to the other employer and see how you feel. Is it a place you`d like to work? You really should look after yourself and go for the job which is best for you. At least see what they have to say and compare the two offers and go for the best one overall.

Company wouldn't think twice about f***ing you over. No brainer.

Take the better paid job.

Just call and tell them that you've had a job offer for much more money and your taking it. In a way it's their fault for trying to get you in at under market rates.
Always look after yourself, if you don't take it, you'll only regret it the next time you run out of cash.

Why is this even a question?
You owe them fuck all, go for the better paid job.
I guess its contractor mentality, dont want to burn bridges... but as they both permy i feel like fuck it... just never crossed people like that
You can still leave without burning your bridges. Just tell them it's double what they're giving you.

Last edited:

You already know the answer, just have to get used to the fact . 😉

Presumably you've not signed owt yet?
If so, you owe them nowt. You've just changed your mind & no longer want the job

Nothing wrong with being selfish in this situation mate. You have to do your best for yourself and your family and you owe no loyalty to job 1 when you haven't started it yet.

Back