Jimmy Savile

This is quite a chilling post considering everything we now know...

:neutral::neutral::neutral:
As is this one from the great Herbal himself..

He talked about it in that Q interview. Said summit like he thought the ultimate thing you could do for someone was take care of their deceased body, and he considered it an honour to wheel them to the morgue. He was well aware of the rumours and thought it was dispicable that someone would try and twist this honourable thing he was doing into something sordid.

I agree with @Harry Angstrom. People are rewriting history here. Before we knew he was a kiddie fiddler everyone loved Jim'll fix it. Ok it'll always be now tainted but he always seemed to be warped in the head but we all turned a blind eye because it was just cracking TV.

So why the emoticons? At that time he was best known for his charity work and just being a bit strange. As I said, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

absolutely. It wasn't a dig. It's just spooky that of all the places that could have been mentioned Stoke Mandeville was mentioned on that thread.

It's well worth watching in full for anyone who hasn't seen it. The bloke clearly had some wiring in his brain amiss. He kept his mam's room in perfect condition for something like 30 years after she died, including all her clothes in her cupboard etc. and would salute a picture of her when he walked in the room.

I think it's pretty obvious why people were afraid to speak out. Those who spoke out risked being turned on by the establishment. It's no surprise that one of the few people who called him out on being a paedo in the late 70's was John Lydon who had no worries about being turned on by the establishment since they already hated him at the time.

I was gonna mention Rotten if he hadnt been posted on the thread.
There was some music journo on tinternet a few weeks ago saying he was playing all his old interview cassettes for a possible journalistic career overwiew book or website and he said his blood ran cold when Rotten in the 70s mentions being able to tell him things about Saville thatd make his hair curl. Journo reckons he couldnt even remember Rotten saying it and thinks he probably thought it was the usual punk controversy shock value quote nonsense that was around at the time.

I have a book from the 80s 'In the Psychiatrists Chair' which documents interviews with psychiatrist Anthony Claire and various celebrities including Saville. He makes references to many aspects of Savilles life. Saville walks all over him and the esteemed Claire is left with reference to how tricky a subject Saville is.

Everyone knew about him.

I recall when I was 9/10 in the early 80s knocking around the since closed geriatric hospital in Ryhope and older kids telling me Saville used to have sex with dead bodies. If this level of hearsay had reached me at this age in Ryhope you can be sure it was the tip of the iceberg.

I agree with @Harry Angstrom. People are rewriting history here. Before we knew he was a kiddie fiddler everyone loved Jim'll fix it. Ok it'll always be now tainted but he always seemed to be warped in the head but we all turned a blind eye because it was just cracking TV.

Not in our house. As soon as he appeared on the television he was switched off.
A vile and utter creep even before the disgusting details emerged.
This isn't re writing history.
My Dad would say 'I wouldn't leave him alone with our dog.'

Back