Jimmy Dunne

Thought he grew into the game a bit with defensive duties but he’s woefully uncomfortable with the ball at this feet.

No idea why Hearts (?) fans loved him so much.

I played football to a decent level in Scotland and all they expect their centre halfs to do is win headers and clatter people, passing the football was positively frowned upon

Sell him to BP or SHELL one of their captains may have a chance of turning him around quicker, runs like they left the ball of paper in the toe end of his boots , only 21 but has a terrible lack of positional sense, hope for his sake he is a late developer, needs time, Dunne out, Baldwin back in pls

I’d keep him in for now. I accept the criticism made here about him but he looks more ‘at it’ than Jack Baldwin to me. JB has developed a habit of standing off and making important mistakes. I like Dunne’s aggressive nature.

I know JR brought him in as he wanted a left sided central defender, but since he has been here our defence looks to have got worse. I would go back to Baldwin and Flanagan as they did ok together earlier in the season
Since he arrived we are conceding 2 a game as oppose to 1. He’s getting roasted week in week out as he gets pulled to the sideline

I’d keep him in for now. I accept the criticism made here about him but he looks more ‘at it’ than Jack Baldwin to me. JB has developed a habit of standing off and making important mistakes. I like Dunne’s aggressive nature.

He was f***ing shocking last night... no way he deserves to be in. I’d bring Baldwin back, he was no worse than Dunne, who looks as stiff as a board to me.

I think there are a couple of reasons all our CBs struggle. The obvious one is they are not as good as we are used to seeing (yes, even the shite we had at times on PL and Championship) because that is the standard of league 1. The second is that because our full backs are very often high up the pitch, they are exposed to doing a fullback's job. Hence why Flanagan, who knows how to play as a full back, looks the pick of the bunch, and Dunne, who despite supposedly being left sided looks like he can only tackle with his right leg, looks like he struggles more.

I’m a bit worried there is a clause in his contract he has to play. I don’t think he’s an improvement on what we had.

This season has been a right eye opener about how bad the Scottish League is mind!
You do know there can’t be a clause that says that don’t you m8?

Could do with a bit of leadership in there. Dunne is only 21, so hard to be too critical of him.

I wonder if there's an obligation to play him under the terms of the loan.

People keep saying this.

There won't be. The manager is picking him because he thinks he's the answer.

Managers make bad decisions. Doesn't have to be a conspiracy.

Have we got a deal with Burnley that says he has too play ?

And another one.

You do know there can’t be a clause that says that don’t you m8?

Exactly. It's nonsensical - what kind of employment contracts have people signed in their life which makes them thing something like this would exist?

Such a clause would mean Burnley are influencing our team, 3rd parties aren't allowed to do that, you can't have a clause guaranteeing he plays.

Yep.

Last edited:

Back