Jimmy Bullard

The fact he was in the England squad at one point is why we haven’t won a World Cup in over 50 years.

Careful mind.

Lilian Laslandes won 7 caps for France during 1997-1999! That was the era of French dominance of world and European football.

Unbelievable but true!

I think Bullards ok. Wound me up when he got us that goal disallowed at Fulham, but seems a nice enough bloke. Was an underrated footballer most of his career, then was a bit overrated for about 2 years at the end imho!

A mate of mine did some work with him and said he was sound as a pound, both when the camera were on or off. Played football with him in a studio, and bought everyone lunch when he came in one day to shoot.

He owns a pub near me that my darts team have a played a couple of times. Seen him in there once - seemed a decent enough fella.

Don't get the hatred for him. If football was back in the 70s, 80s and early 90s, and not the soulless mess we follow these days, he wouldn't stand out half as much and would have fallen in line with the other characters around at the time.

We need more characters in the game and not less.

He was once on “I’m a celebrity etc”
and didn’t come over well.
He’s just a dressing room banter merchant that thinks every has to be hilarious and laughs really loudly to make sure you know .
Plays golf to a decent standard, so he can’t be all bad, wouldn’t want to be anywhere near him on a golf course tho .

Back