JFK - 60 years on

22nd November 1963 when he was assassinated.

There’s got to be a few on here who can answer the ultimate question “where were you when …?”

I was only 17 months old so got zero recollection of it.

Why do you think that? Kennedy was reasonably soft on Russia so what would the KGB have to gain?

Something more about it than what it seems mind, but the KGB seem unlikely. Umbrella man and the Cuban looking feller making a of signal just as the car past them possibly indicate more than one shooter though.

I'm almost certain that most of the secrecy around it though is because the Sectet Service and FBI fucked up badly and didn't people to see the absolute clusterfuck that allowed Oswald to get close enough to shoot the president. That or they suspected or knew that Rogue Soviet elements and/or Castro were involved somehow and didn't want to start ww3.

I was at my grandmothers guest house. I remember the adults talking quieter about something, then the news came on the telly. For a while it was "president Kennedy has been shot" then that changed to "president Kennedy had died".

A Friday night pretty early on a newsflash came on the telly saying he’d been assassinated.
All the TV programmes on the then 2 channels were stopped and sombre music was played.
I remember the next morning was playing football for my school team and we met at the opponents school even as kids that’s all we were talking about. It was absolutely pissing down and the game was called off.
For some reason I remember that.

22nd November 1963 when he was assassinated.

There’s got to be a few on here who can answer the ultimate question “where were you when …?”

I was only 17 months old so got zero recollection of it.
I was 10 it was a Friday my dad only ever went out on a Friday night and was on his way out the door when television announcement came on. Always remember Harry Worth was on after the announcement.

Back