JFK “we choose to go to the moon”

In JFK’s famous “we choose to go to the moon” speech, do you think that he forgot his lines?

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard ....”

And do the other things? What other things? Was he being lazy? Secretive? Or just forgot what else they were doing?

In JFK’s famous “we choose to go to the moon” speech, do you think that he forgot his lines?

“We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard ....”

And do the other things? What other things? Was he being lazy? Secretive? Or just forgot what else they were doing?

Being a jam doughnut was one of them.

ted sorensen wrote it, so it wasnt the lazy bit... i suspect it's in the context of the speech from whatever he was talking about previously.

i seem to recall that even though its said he quoted mallory, that mallory never actually said that about Everest...

Which one of you is Simon Bird?
Jarvis

ted sorensen wrote it, so it wasnt the lazy bit... i suspect it's in the context of the speech from whatever he was talking about previously.

i seem to recall that even though its said he quoted mallory, that mallory never actually said that about Everest...

That’s a fair point. Whilst I’ve heard the speech previously, it was just that small section that was on a TV advert last night, that got me thinking about it. Out of context it just seems a tad lazy

He gave that speech at Rice University in Houston. My office on the 20th floor of St Luke’s Tower used to look right down over the campus. Great view, saw Pink Floyd setting up there for the Division Bell tour and got piss wet through that night watching them in a monsoon shower. Super Bowl 9 was played at that stadium between the Dolphins and the Vikings.
The podium JFK used is in the museum bit at Space Center Houston (which isn’t really in Houston it’s 30 miles south at Clearlake ... which isn’t very clear!). The car park of the Hilton Clearlake across from NASA is where that mental wife caught her husband playing away and killed him by running over him in her Mercedes.

Not a lot of people know that!

I'll do it

@ProfessionalMackem pants round ankles time fella

:lol:

Fucks sake mate. JFK and the moon landings. Do you want me blow my mind?

For what it's worth JFK was a puppet president too. Till he started bucking and was too much of a liability for the puppet masters in the end. They had to take him out. Plus his assassination is hardly a conspiracy theory. Conspiracy fact more like.

He gave that speech at Rice University in Houston. My office on the 20th floor of St Luke’s Tower used to look right down over the campus. Great view, saw Pink Floyd setting up there for the Division Bell tour and got piss wet through that night watching them in a monsoon shower. Super Bowl 9 was played at that stadium between the Dolphins and the Vikings.
The podium JFK used is in the museum bit at Space Center Houston (which isn’t really in Houston it’s 30 miles south at Clearlake ... which isn’t very clear!). The car park of the Hilton Clearlake across from NASA is where that mental wife caught her husband playing away and killed him by running over him in her Mercedes.

Not a lot of people know that!
This is one of the reasons I could never move to the US. Shit weather ;)

:lol:

Fucks sake mate. JFK and the moon landings. Do you want me blow my mind?

For what it's worth JFK was a puppet president too. Till he started bucking and was too much of a liability for the puppet masters in the end. They had to take him out. Plus his assassination is hardly a conspiracy theory. Conspiracy fact more like.

Prove it

This is one of the reasons I could never move to the US. Shit weather ;)
:D:D

I really don’t like the rain and it’s more or less the same in TX as it is in FL, but at least over here we get it all over with in an hour and then the sun’s out, not spread over three months of sideways drizzle!

:D:D

I really don’t like the rain and it’s more or less the same in TX as it is in FL, but at least over here we get it all over with in an hour and then the sun’s out, not spread over three months of sideways drizzle!
Beautiful day here today. Nice freshness in the air, warmth in the sun, clear skies. Can't whack it.

Back