JET2 Flight refunds

had email to say all jet2 flights now grounded until 17 june . had flights booked for end of may , logged on jet2 and can only see option to amend flights to later date
how the hell do you just get your money back ? Im assuming you can get refund ?
anybody had any joy?
Your entitled to a full refund within 14 days of the notification of cancellation....source: BBC Money Box -Simon Calder
Just had an email and TUI are still flying from 17th May? Ours is booked 15th June so hopefully that will still go ahead
Were booked for the 5th May to Crete with Tui...not a peep. I'm expecting cancellations seeing as we have at least another three weeks of lock down.

Last edited:
Your entitled to a full refund within 14 days of the notification of cancellation....source: BBC Money Box -Simon Calder

Were booked for the 5th May to Crete with Tui...not a peep. I'm expecting cancellations seeing as we have at least another three weeks of lock down.
Yes may is looking a bit sketchy. Tui have offered the chance for everyone to rearrange for free I noticed and I would have done it but ours is a wedding with 40 people going so really want it out of the way

Yes may is looking a bit sketchy. Tui have offered the chance for everyone to rearrange for free I noticed and I would have done it but ours is a wedding with 40 people going so really want it out of the way
You could be put in , or we could be put in a position in accepting a chance to rearrange to a later date BUT, if TUI goes bust ,a promise of a holiday is of no use....

Acutally, it is under the ATOL rules and you would get a full refund.. However, 12 months down the line is not very acceptable. As a bank manager said to me once, " I'm not another companies overdraft facility as your behest". I took that on board very quickly and applied it the other way around. I'll have my refund now thank you very much.

Tempted to rebook our May holiday for October. Even that's looking optimistic atm....might just book for May 2021. Price is unsurprisingly £400 more.

Jet2 sent the holiday vouchers last night. Finally convinced my lass that she needs to ring the fuckers up
Can’t even get through to EasyJet. They say their call centres are closed and just get cut off.

Only options on the app/website are rebook or vouchers.

Just waiting it out. I’m only booked for Belfast on Friday so won’t lose any sleep over it but would be nice to just be given the legally required options instead of all this bullshit.

ive got a BA flight to EWR on May 5th booked and they've said fuck all to me, although i had a check and the fucker hasn't been flying.
I had flights booked to Heathrow for UFC London, BA cancelled them & they've issued me with a code to use in the next 12 months, probably best hanging on till nearer your departure date & they'll contact you, I got an e mail & it came up on the BA app aswell.

For our accommodation we've been doing everything we can to give credit instead of refund for people that took the non-refundable option, if we don't keep a good proportion 'in', we'll go under. People have generally been very patient, which is a bit surprising though we are in uncharted territory. One step we've been pushing is to move the booking to the same dates next year as a 'holding' move, then when people are ready they can re-book chosen dates at 10% discount, paying the difference if it is a more expensive time. But the same dates are the same price (actually 10% cheaper as a thank you). Disgusting to see some of the price hikes quoted here for the same dates next year. We thought we were in with the bad guys on this, but maybe not...

Of course it won’t be , can’t see any holiday flights for months

So they doing all they can to avoid refunds
No we haven't contacted them yet. The hotels are closed and flights are cancelled. They have issued the documents for a holiday that can't take place. It'll just be an admin error.

Back