JET2 Flight refunds

You have to ring them up and ask for a refund. I should have flown with them yesterday but it was cancelled. I waited a week or so after the cancellation announcement and then rang them. Got through quickly, the lady was friendly and helpful and the money went back on my card within a few days.
Where were you going ?

Aye I’ve had 2nd generic email now to say they will be contacting all , 1st one made out onus was on me . Cancelled the apartment .
My mate booked apartment with booking.com and they have refused refund

Bastards did the same with us for a Hotel we booked for a golf trip later this month.
Wrote them a snotty email and they’ve agreed to fit us in later on in the year.

Edit.

Holidaymakers who have holidays booked with the company before June 17 will be contacted in order of departure date to discuss their options regarding the cancellation.

Exactly why I wouldn't cancel it.
Meant to be going away on the 30th, no phone call yet. Should I wait till they contact me or call them? It's not exactly far away.

Yes. My Dad had a some money in an ISA and my Mam split it between the children and grandchildren after he passed. He was keen on astronomy and knew I'm desperate to see the Northern lights. I spent my share of the money on the trip as I wanted to do something he would have approved of with it.
:cry:

Same boat with EasyJet ( meant to be flying tomorrow)
website etc all leads you to rearranging or taking vouchers via “manage booking)
waiting for them to contact me and when refunds gets mentioned I fully expect to be diverted to a contact centre and a massive wait

Aye I’ve had 2nd generic email now to say they will be contacting all...
Yeah was gonna say mate, that was the email I got, that they'd be in touch. Fair enough they've got a lot of people to get through but I'd imagine the majority of customers want a refund. The only reason they'll want to 'get in touch' is to try and get people to take vouchers or defer to a later date, all while they've got a stack of other people's money sat in the bank.

Aye I’ve had 2nd generic email now to say they will be contacting all , 1st one made out onus was on me . Cancelled the apartment .
My mate booked apartment with booking.com and they have refused refund

We've had the same with golf holiday. Bloke we got the apartments from has been sound and happy to refund. Your golf travel however have been dicks imo. No refunds or even meet in the middle as a compromise. They can get fucked next year. Just waiting on easy jet now but I think a refund should be ok.

had email to say all jet2 flights now grounded until 17 june . had flights booked for end of may , logged on jet2 and can only see option to amend flights to later date
how the hell do you just get your money back ? Im assuming you can get refund ?
anybody had any joy?
My email was very clear.....they will contact YOU.

"In view of the ongoing uncertainty caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, we have taken the decision to recommence our flights and holidays programme on June 17th. This means that your holiday will not be operating - please see the table at the bottom of this email for your affected bookings.

We will be contacting you to discuss your options, one of which is rebooking your holiday to a later date. We know what a well-deserved holiday means, and how much it gives everyone something to look forward to, particularly during difficult times such as these.

We are continuing to operate a fully staffed call centre. Despite this, the number of calls we are currently receiving is unprecedented and is more than we can handle.

Therefore, we are proactively contacting all affected customers in departure date order, which we believe is the fairest way. Please be patient with us as we do this, and please remember – we will contact you.

So that we can call our affected customers, we’ll be taking less incoming calls. Please note, this will mean longer than normal call wait times.

The Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in everyone having to deal with difficulties and restrictions, and our business and our colleagues face these too. We can absolutely assure you that our teams are doing their best to deliver on our promise of delivering Package Holidays You Can Trust.

Please do bear with us, and thank you in advance for your loyalty, understanding and patience."

Not that I'm aware of. Spain is on strict lockdown so I'd imagine that includes golf courses.

Not that I'm aware of, Spain on strict lock down so I assume that would include golf courses
Ah right, you didn’t say it was Spain. If courses are closed then I can’t see how they can argue about refunds. They can’t offer the service you’ve paid for and won’t be paying the courses themselves!

Last edited:
Ah right, you didn’t say it was Spain. If courses are closed then I can’t see how they can argue about refunds. They can’t offer the service you’ve paid for!

That's what I've been saying . The lad who booked it is on discussion with them via e mail and has been passed to head office. May of over played our hand a bit by mentioning cancellations etc. Used them for about 5 yrs and they've been canny, lost good customers with their stance and attitude with this like.

had email to say all jet2 flights now grounded until 17 june . had flights booked for end of may , logged on jet2 and can only see option to amend flights to later date
anybody had any joy?
There is something out (cant find it at all) whereby due to the current issues, folk ARE entitled to a full refund even thou companies are only offering rebooking and/or vouchers. I've search for the article but cant find it. Martin Lewis on MSE might be able to help

There is something out (cant find it at all) whereby due to the current issues, folk ARE entitled to a full refund even thou companies are only offering rebooking and/or vouchers. I've search for the article but cant find it. Martin Lewis on MSE might be able to help

It's law that they must also offer a refund. Of course they try and just offer credit/free rebooking as they're a business desperately trying to survive. They'll make you jump through hoops to call/wait to be called and get a refund.

anybody had any joy?

i got a refund straight away on my cancelled flight and acceptance of compensation (250 euro) i just phoned them up and filled the claim in online
that was 3 weeks ago though so they may have removed some info from their site

Prices are stupid at the moment.

Normally have an all inclusive week in May each year, just me and the missus, somewhere not too far away, balearics or canaries.

At the moment it's about £1200 for this year and £1000 for next year.

We normally pay about £700

Back