Jet2 emergency landing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flew jet2 from there and back to ibiza about ten year ago. The planes were a rickety old bag of shite then. Job lot of cattle planes bought off the Russians and given a lick of paint iirc.

Pretty much... http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/Jet2-active-b737.htm

Average fleet age 17 years, mix of ~10 year old 737-700/800 and 20-30+ year old 737 classics which are ex Lufthansa, Qantas, Air Baltic, Aegean, Bulgaria, Balkan, Easyjet, America West...

All depends on the maintenance though. BA still fly some 27 year old 747s which are shabby but mechanically fine, AA fly 30 year old MD80s which I prefer over their new 737s

Just what I wanted to read ahead of a 4.5 hour Jet2 flight to Cyprus on Sunday!!

In fairness though I flew with them to Portugal and back last year and I was well impressed with quality of service and aircraft.
Look at it this way, incidents like this are really rare so the chances of it happening again on your flight a massively reduced.

In fairness though I flew with them to Portugal and back last year and I was well impressed with quality of service and aircraft.

Flown with Jet2 several times and never had any bother. Comfy planes, plenty of room and friendly customer service. Only had one delay but that was due to a massive thunder storm in the morning that closed the airport for a while, so everything was delayed.

I've just used them for the first time to fly to Dubrovnik.

Planes were spot on - Boeings which were relatively new. Canny leg room, and the trolley dollies were nice and friendly. Seems a canny few form the NE work for them. The only downside is that f***ing Jet2 advert music they insist on playing

I flew with jet2 a couple of years ago , coming in to land noticed the landing gear hadn't been engaged and we were about 70 ft from the ground - suddenly the plane shot upwards and then managed to land successfully. Getting off the plane I over heard one of the attendants telling a colleague 'I nearly shit myself then' she wasn't the only one

That happened to us a few years ago. The attendant was sat in front of us flipping frantically through some emergency proceedure file. Then the pilot blamed the wind once we landed on our second attempt - he must have forgot we all had windows - wasn't even the slightest of breezes. Possibly the only time I've been terrified on a flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back