Jet lag

Fight through the first day, getting plenty of sunlight. Try to eat light. When you make it to the night, take a melatonin and have a git massive fry up when you wake up.
I had 30mg of melatonin before flying back from D.C. on Friday. I'e not been the same since and dreams are vivid as fuck.

Is it possible to permanently bugger up your ability to sleep? Haven't had a proper night's sleep for a month now. I either can't get to sleep (like now) or wake up far too early. I've done all the things you're supposed to.

Landed In Melbourne last night. Had 6 hours on the plane from Newcastle and 3 last night.

Tired as fuck now but just going to get steaming and power on til 10pm

Only seem to get it going to the UK from Asia, takes 3 or 4 days to get some sleep pattern started, but its never what I've got over here, end up in bed for 10pm and wake up 5am. Flying back from UK to Asia never seems to effect me.

Only seem to get it going to the UK from Asia, takes 3 or 4 days to get some sleep pattern started, but its never what I've got over here, end up in bed for 10pm and wake up 5am. Flying back from UK to Asia never seems to effect me.
Really? I'd say the complete opposite for me.

Usually flying back to the UK is a long bloomin' day, but get home around 10pm, sleep and generally not too bad. Flying to China, always landing the next morning or afternoon is awful. Really groggy for a few days. Wasn't actually too bad this time though.

Really? I'd say the complete opposite for me.

Usually flying back to the UK is a long bloomin' day, but get home around 10pm, sleep and generally not too bad. Flying to China, always landing the next morning or afternoon is awful. Really groggy for a few days. Wasn't actually too bad this time though.

My flights always get me in the UK, in the morning between 6-8am, come 6pm I'm shattered, cannot even keep my eyes open. Back this way (Malaysia currently), i get in the evening, so miss connecting flights, so I generally get a night in a hotel before moving on.

Is it possible to permanently bugger up your ability to sleep? Haven't had a proper night's sleep for a month now. I either can't get to sleep (like now) or wake up far too early. I've done all the things you're supposed to.
No, mate. Its just you've formed a bad habit that's hard to shake. Keep doing the right things and you'll be fine. If you've not tried melatonin, I'd give it a shot as it worked really well for me to hit the reset button. Make sure as soon as you get up you get plenty of sunlight (not easy in the UK I know) What worked for me was setting the time I could be in bed, rather than asleep. If you're in bed you should be on your lass or trying to sleep and not on your phone.

Been to Oz and USA and never had it.

Seems to be a phenomenon that passed me by

I used to work with a lass who was always taking the day off after a holiday (even though this hadn't been authorised). Usual excuse was delayed flight even though flightstats showed the plane took off and landed on time.

When this was pointed out to her she used the excuse she was suffering jet lag after her 3 hour flight from Majorca on her next trip.

Back