Jessica Jones

I'm really not enjoying it that much. Not the same without Kilgrave. 2 and a bit episodes in and I'm bored with her drinking and walking about looking surly. Let me know if that changes. :)

Finished it, not as good as the first season but decent.

Suffered for the lack of a decent villain.

I think these Marvel Netflix shows need to have less episodes, seems that could have been a lot tighter with 9 or 10 rather than 13.

Finished it, not as good as the first season but decent.

Suffered for the lack of a decent villain.

I think these Marvel Netflix shows need to have less episodes, seems that could have been a lot tighter with 9 or 10 rather than 13.
Dave T was a difficult act to follow and his absence is why I'm struggling. :) I've said that there are too many episodes dragging the narrative out in quite a few of the shows I've watched recently.

Another strain of the Marvel plague that is indiscriminately infecting every corner of the entertainment industry.

I'm really not enjoying it that much. Not the same without Kilgrave. 2 and a bit episodes in and I'm bored with her drinking and walking about looking surly. Let me know if that changes. :)

Aye, I’m struggling to keep watching after three episodes. Finding Jessica quite irritating more than she was in the first series.

Mind you, I give up on Daredevil halfway through the second series too.

Aye, I’m struggling to keep watching after three episodes. Finding Jessica quite irritating more than she was in the first series.

Mind you, I give up on Daredevil halfway through the second series too.
Glad it's not just me. I'm probably in the minority as I was only really watching it for David Tennant anyway. :oops::lol: Daredevil was heading the same way. I think I got through the series but wasn't really watching it. I'm starting and not finishing a lot of things these days, possibly a sign of age? :neutral::lol:

Glad it's not just me. I'm probably in the minority as I was only really watching it for David Tennant anyway. :oops::lol: Daredevil was heading the same way. I think I got through the series but wasn't really watching it. I'm starting and not finishing a lot of things these days, possibly a sign of age? :neutral::lol:

:lol:

I hope not! Mind you I have started a few series over the last six months or so where I’ve not gone back to: Expanse, iZombie, Altered Carbon, Black Mirror.

Groovy, three years off 50 and my patience level takes a nosedive....

It’s not like I won’t sit through rubbish... I watched every single episode of Lost, thinking it might get better (much like sitting watching our homes tbh!)

:lol:

I hope not! Mind you I have started a few series over the last six months or so where I’ve not gone back to: Expanse, iZombie, Altered Carbon, Black Mirror.

Groovy, three years off 50 and my patience level takes a nosedive....

It’s not like I won’t sit through rubbish... I watched every single episode of Lost, thinking it might get better (much like sitting watching our homes tbh!)
Altered Carbon and Black Mirror for me too! Okay we aren't getting old (and I'm in the same ballpark!) - just less likely to put up with crap or programmes we don't engage with. Better way of putting it perhaps. :lol::lol:

Altered Carbon and Black Mirror for me too! Okay we aren't getting old (and I'm in the same ballpark!) - just less likely to put up with crap or programmes we don't engage with. Better way of putting it perhaps. :lol::lol:

:p

To be honest, I think we are obviously both of the generation that can remember when we had to suffer through some bad rubbish growing up:

Crossroads
Monkey
Fame!

Those are the ones that immediately spring to my mind.

So I still like to think I can be patient enough to give a series a good go. I just think we are so saturated with different stuff now through the joys of download that it’s hard to feel a connection with a series like we could.

Back