Jesmond Boozing Recommendations.

Loads of decent pubs still in town still though. Quayside is really good these days, Bridge Tavern, Bridge Hotel, Crown Posada, Red House, Broad Chare, and Head of Steam. The Whetherspoons is canny there as well, especially in summer. All dead close to each other. Up Pink/Bath lane area you've got Town Wall, Forth, Prohibition, Tilley's and the Bodega. Or Grey St. area, Lady Grey's, and the Bacchus, are good pubs.
Bodega is closing for a refurb soon. Company I work for are doing some of the works.

Loads of decent pubs still in town still though. Quayside is really good these days, Bridge Tavern, Bridge Hotel, Crown Posada, Red House, Broad Chare, and Head of Steam. The Whetherspoons is canny there as well, especially in summer. All dead close to each other. Up Pink/Bath lane area you've got Town Wall, Forth, Prohibition, Tilley's and the Bodega. Or Grey St. area, Lady Grey's, and the Bacchus, are good pubs.
I adore Tilleys

huge choice of beer and canny music...just a great pub

The Lonsdale is a great bar to watch rugby which means it will be resoundingly hated on here
It is like. Usually when beating you lads. ;)

The Lonny is the only pub I've ever been in where people queue in single file for a pint. :lol: It's like a training pub for students who've never been out before.

Does this still happen?
I remember the Man Utd v Barcelona champions league final.

Queue was just about nearly the door, I walked straight up to the bar and ordered a round of beers. A couple of people then copped on and a crowd then formed around the bar.

It’s every time it’s busy there’s a queue. It’s very civilised :lol:

Last edited:
It is like. Usually when beating you lads. ;)

I remember the Man Utd v Barcelona champions league final.

Queue was just about nearly the door, I walked straight up to the bar and ordered a round of beers. A couple of people then copped on and a crowd then formed around the bar.

It’s every time it’s busy there’s a queue. It’s very civilised :lol:

Ha, its just really weird, don't know why people do it, it's just not pub behaviour. Actually only time I've seen it since I was a student in there was down in a South London Wetherspoons a few months ago, all the old boys queuing single file, brought me straight back to the Lonny.

Back