Jesmond Boozing Recommendations.

The Lonny is the only pub I've ever been in where people queue in single file for a pint. :lol: It's like a training pub for students who've never been out before.

Does this still happen?

Osborne Road pubs are soulless bags of shite full of chavs and people who think they’ve moved up in the world.

Find the Collingwood Arms, find a corner and get steadily hammered in what is still a cracking pub.

Edit: I am over 50 and hate most people.

Osborne Road pubs are soulless bags of shite full of chavs and people who think they’ve moved up in the world.

Find the Collingwood Arms, find a corner and get steadily hammered in what is still a cracking pub.

Edit: I am over 50 and hate most people.
Most of the town is like that though. Bars like botanist and barluga are popular and soulless.

The Lonny is the only pub I've ever been in where people queue in single file for a pint. :lol: It's like a training pub for students who've never been out before.

Does this still happen?
Happened to me a year or so ago. A group of ten of them walked in ahead of me, queued single file and paid for their drinks separately. I was paralysed with rage.

Bars behind the station are canny. Ouseburn is good. There are decent boozers tucked away on side streets off Percy Street or Grainger Street. Plenty of decent places that most people don’t know or care about.
Nah I know there’s plenty of decent bars I was just answering that particular point.

Really good selection of drink, although I preferred it at its old location but that was more for its intimacy/charm I guess (its replacement, Box Social is a great little place) as the new place is much bigger so sometimes lacks atmosphere. Friday nights are good mind.
There's a Split Chimp at Whitley now aswell

Most of the town is like that though. Bars like botanist and barluga are popular and soulless.
Loads of decent pubs still in town still though. Quayside is really good these days, Bridge Tavern, Bridge Hotel, Crown Posada, Red House, Broad Chare, and Head of Steam. The Whetherspoons is canny there as well, especially in summer. All dead close to each other. Up Pink/Bath lane area you've got Town Wall, Forth, Prohibition, Tilley's and the Bodega. Or Grey St. area, Lady Grey's, and the Bacchus, are good pubs.

Loads of decent pubs still in town still though. Quayside is really good these days, Bridge Tavern, Bridge Hotel, Crown Posada, Red House, Broad Chare, and Head of Steam. The Whetherspoons is canny there as well, especially in summer. All dead close to each other. Up Pink/Bath lane area you've got Town Wall, Forth, Prohibition, Tilley's and the Bodega. Or Grey St. area, Lady Grey's, and the Bacchus, are good pubs.
Oh aye there’s still plenty to choose from. Just fancied a look about jesmond. Maybe it won’t be my thing.

Back