Jesmond Boozing Recommendations.

Never got the hype with Jesmond like whenever I’ve been drinking there, the Lonsdale is canny and a bit further out the way Wylam Brewery is good but the bars on Osborne Road are bland as fuck.

Ouseburn just down the road is far better.

Drinking in jesmond is hell on earth most the time with Tarquin and his posh mates and all the student types. Alright if you are < 25 but older than that they will get on your tits quickly.

It was a canny night out 15 years ago but has been out done by tynemouth now.

Drinking in jesmond is hell on earth most the time with Tarquin and his posh mates and all the student types. Alright if you are < 25 but older than that they will get on your tits quickly.

It was a canny night out 15 years ago but has been out done by tynemouth now.

You've got older you mean.

I agree mind.

Yes Collingwood is Collingwood but 6th form place is now Dun Cow. Never been on either for a while.

It looked like you were saying Collingwood was now dun cow .. if it's the RGS sixth form pub possibly best avoided and surprising since that was one if the reasons Keith list his licence at the brandling. Anyway if you're in Jesmond it's an easy walk to town

You've got older you mean.

I agree mind.

I have got older but even then the students were pricks. And other places have improved were as jesmond has stayed pretty static in terms of bars and choices.

Tynemouth was rough as hell with strippers in the bars on an afternoon and night time.

Last edited:
I have got older but even then the students were pricks. And other places have improved were as jesmond has stayed pretty static in terms of bars and choices.

Tynemouth was rough as hell with strippers in the bars on an afternoon and night time.

Fair play marra. All the time I've been going through Tynemouth it's been an older crowd and nothing like the picture you paint. Presumed it had always been along those lines.

Back