Jesmond Boozing Recommendations.

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
Just had a walk about to get a flavour for my new surroundings. Only time I’ve ever really been out there was to eat at Cals, Branches and Peace & Loaf.

I will normally be out with my lass so it’ll be places I’m looking for that do decent wine, gins and a canny beer selection. Outside areas would be ideal too.

Just have a pub crawl along Osborne Road and decide

Should be ok this time of year but changes when the students are around

Last edited:
Lonsdale is what I would class as my local when I’m out in Jesmond.

The rest of the pubs down there aren’t great tbh.

Osbourne's used to be my regular haunt but I reckon it turned shit when they did the refurb.

Just had a walk about to get a flavour for my new surroundings. Only time I’ve ever really been out there was to eat at Cals, Branches and Peace & Loaf.

I will normally be out with my lass so it’ll be places I’m looking for that do decent wine, gins and a canny beer selection. Outside areas would be ideal too.

No decent places to booze in Jesmond IMHO. The one next to Costa, Bar Social (?) is okay but the rest on Osbourne Road are awful. Okay for sitting outside when it's warm.

Patricia to eat is supposed to be brilliant. The Dosa Kitchen is Southern Indian and full of Indian doctors, there is Dabbawal, which is canny.

Arlo's for the Sunday morning brunch with the posh crowd.

Francesca's has been there nearly 40 years but I doubt you will like it.

No decent places to booze in Jesmond IMHO. The one next to Costa, Bar Social (?) is okay but the rest on Osbourne Road are awful. Okay for sitting outside when it's warm.

Patricia to eat is supposed to be brilliant. The Dosa Kitchen is Southern Indian and full of Indian doctors, there is Dabbawal, which is canny.

Arlo's for the Sunday morning brunch with the posh crowd.

Francesca's has been there nearly 40 years but I doubt you will like it.
That’s what I was after. Plenty pubs and places to eat in town. Makes a change from the town really. The bars in town where you can sit outside are absolutely rammed when it’s sunny and you can never get a seat.

Lonsdale is what I would class as my local when I’m out in Jesmond.

The rest of the pubs down there aren’t great tbh.

Osbourne's used to be my regular haunt but I reckon it turned shit when they did the refurb.
:(

It’s starting to sound shit. Thought it was supposed to be canny for a night out.

Last edited:
That’s what I was after. Plenty pubs and places to eat in town. Makes a change from the town really. The bars in town where you can sit outside are absolutely rammed when it’s sunny and you can never get a seat.

Term time it's just awful posh students. Saturday it's stag and hen central.

But you can have a decent afternoon if the sun is shining. It will be empty now.

If you wanted recommendations based on my experiences living there in the late 70's and again in the mid 80's I'd be happy to oblige but I'd imagine I'm a bit out of date.

Term time it's just awful posh students. Saturday it's stag and hen central.

But you can have a decent afternoon if the sun is shining. It will be empty now.
It is. I just walked up Osborne Rd to Waitrose and it was canny quiet but looked nice for an afternoon outside. Already was your typical group of lads in dresses in that bar next door to the Mexican. Odd place for a stag that like.

It is. I just walked up Osborne Rd to Waitrose and it was canny quiet but looked nice for an afternoon outside. Already was your typical group of lads in dresses in that bar next door to the Mexican. Odd place for a stag that like.
They stay local and go into town early evening.
Gosforth is only 10/15 minute walk away. I'm not that keen but there are a few pubs on High street

They stay local and go into town early evening.
Gosforth is only 10/15 minute walk away. I'm not that keen but there are a few pubs on High street
A lot of my old work mates go there and I’d end up getting pestered off them and also me lasses sister and bil do too and I’d end up out with them. Gosforth is out. I’ll just have a look along Osborne Rd and see what we think.

I’ve had great nights there aswell though pal, wouldn’t be able to recommend anywhere now like I say haven’t been there for yonks.
Just thought it might be a change from the town. We normally go out on an afternoon and come home for about 8 so not that arsed about if it gets busy later on.

Last time I was frequenting there it was Spy, Belize, Osbornes etc and occasionally bait at Hot Box. Most had happy hours *FREE DRINKS BUZZER*
I guess most of those places might have gone. A bit like my prime.

That Italians has a nice deli too IIRC.

think its four weeks from opening, but the renovation of the punch bowl by the people that have the brandling villa should on paper make it a decent place to drink...

Back