Jermain Defoe (no longer a rumour)

Really don't understand Oxford being able to offer more. - Somewhere in the region of 7k/wk or so i've read.

So say it's a 6 month contract....... £182,000.00
We have 9 home games left, therfore a smidge over £20,000/game..
At between £20-30 a pop for a ticket that's less than 1000 extra bodies coming to the match and he's completely free!! Thats free... Bearing in mind the amount of fully grown men wetting the bed and kicking next doors cat about this whole thing, just get the fucker signed!

Simple facts again are noone knows for sure apart from Defoe and his team.

But there is one thing for sure. We certainly can compete with Oxford for wages 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

This is reminding me of the Borini return thread. I only ever read the last 2 pages to see if I can work out what is going on. 456 pages and the summary seems to be "dunno, might come".

Only if the deal is right? What would make the deal wrong?

See my previous post, he'll cost us knack all if we match oxfords bid... But it might cost us promotion if we don't bring him in. I genuinely believe that.
Lots of things might make the deal wrong.

His wage demands might be too high, his fitness may be questionable, we might have someone more suitable/better lined up, he might want to be a coach and LJ does not, he might want an 18 month deal and we don't.
How can you say matching Oxfords deal wont cost us anything, it will cost us whatever the offer is should Jermaine accept it?!

UPDATE KLAXON:

I’m told this is solid info. So solid I was told twice. We are the only club to have actually offered a contract.

My source is sometimes right. But he knows lots of the SAS.

(Note I’m not trolling, he may be)

Back