Jeremy Bamber White House Farm...Innocent or Evil scumbag?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
The other point was probably that I suspect you would rule every example of a claimed wrongful conviction as innocence fraud.
There you go again with your convenient assumptions.

No I had doubts about the Guildford 4 and the Birmingham 6 long before they were released.

Simon Hall confessed his guilt and in the other case unless you consider a Clerical Error can bludgeon a woman to death then it's ridiculous. Suddenly the allegation of an armed robber is forgotten.

I've said all along that Bamber clogs up the system and makes it harder for more worthy cases to be processed. In fact you will find such a reference earlier in this thread.

Last edited:

There you go again with your convenient assumptions.

No I had doubts about the Guildford 4 and the Birmingham 6 long before they were released.

Simon Hall confessed his guilt and in the other case unless you consider a Clerical Error can bludgeon a woman to death then it's ridiculous. Suddenly the allegation of an armed robber is forgotten.

I've said all along that Bamber clogs up the system and makes it harder for more worthy cases to be processed. In fact you will find such a reference earlier in this thread.

You're entitled to your opinions of course. I was never a supporter of Simon Hall. He fooled a lot of people. I just didn't take an interest in the case.

A lot of people believe the Birmingham Six are guilty.

You're entitled to your opinions of course. I was never a supporter of Simon Hall. He fooled a lot of people. I just didn't take an interest in the case.

A lot of people believe the Birmingham Six are guilty.
To be honest I am critical of the Criminal Justice System in general. Too much inconsistency between judges. The length of sentence should not depend on which court you are sentenced but it does. For example near where I have lived for many years, you will get a longer sentence in Warwick court than you will in Northampton. You will get a longer sentence under some judges compared to others. People may believe it doesn't matter as the appeal process will level things out but it doesn't work out like that in practice and it shouldn't be dependent on that anyway to make thinks equal and fair. Also the way barristers are appointed leaves much to be desired. It should not be a case of the more money you have then the better barristers you will get if all are equal under the law. I tend to think now that the French system is more just in that regard where a presiding magistrate has an overview of proceedings to ensure prosecutions are effective but fair.

To be honest I am critical of the Criminal Justice System in general. Too much inconsistency between judges. The length of sentence should not depend on which court you are sentenced but it does. For example near where I have lived for many years, you will get a longer sentence in Warwick court than you will in Northampton. You will get a longer sentence under some judges compared to others. People may believe it doesn't matter as the appeal process will level things out but it doesn't work out like that in practice and it shouldn't be dependent on that anyway to make thinks equal and fair. Also the way barristers are appointed leaves much to be desired. It should not be a case of the more money you have then the better barristers you will get if all are equal under the law. I tend to think now that the French system is more just in that regard where a presiding magistrate has an overview of proceedings to ensure prosecutions are effective but fair.

Is the French system where they have someone trying to dig out all the facts from either side?

Simon Hall killed himself. Just remembered that.

Is the French system where they have someone trying to dig out all the facts from either side?

Simon Hall killed himself. Just remembered that.
Yes that is the investigating magistrate who also ensures that all evidence is shared with the defence which it should be. I agree that if we delegate the collection of evidence to the police that for us to retain confidence in the process then all evidence gathered should be shared without exception. The police should also share evidence that reveals the suspect to be innocent. It is not the role of the police to judge innocence/guilt and then act according to any prejudice. If not the police then the CPS should ensure all evidence is shared. We have an adversarial procedure that can only be effective under those circumstances. I agree that in the case of Bamber all evidence should have been made available to the defence, I just do not expect there to be any revelations in his case regarding any documents or photographs because I genuinely believe him to be guilty.

Last edited:
Not sure what proof you have of last sentence?
Not proof as such but I have heard people say it and I have seen it posted on forums. More accurate to say that some people think it.
Yes that is the investigating magistrate who also ensures that all evidence is shared with the defence which it should be. I agree that if we delegate the collection of evidence to the police that for us to retain confidence in the process then all evidence gathered should be shared without exception. The police should also share evidence that reveals the suspect to be innocent. It is not the role of the police to judge innocence/guilt and then act according to any prejudice. If not the police then the CPS should ensure all evidence is shared. We have an adversarial procedure that can only be effective under those circumstances. I agree that in the case of Bamber all evidence should have been made available to the defence, I just do not expect there to be any revelations in his case regarding any documents or photographs because I genuinely believe him to be guilty.

I'd like to see arguments for and against that system compared to what we have over here.

Last edited:

Back