Jennings to Northants Onions to Essex

Status
Not open for further replies.

True but it would be easy to mistake Notts for NHants. Onions to replace Wagner, who's been poor, at Essex makes sense.

That's a good point, could be Notts like. I don't think it would be as bad as Stoneman leaving mind - if we could get Latham back to open with Steel.

Onions said he didn't want to have to leave the area, which he doesn't as we've offered him a deal - would surprise me greatly if he leaves.

That's a good point, could be Notts like. I don't think it would be as bad as Stoneman leaving mind - if we could get Latham back to open with Steel.

Onions said he didn't want to have to leave the area, which he doesn't as we've offered him a deal - would surprise me greatly if he leaves.
Onions only offered deal to play 4 day cricket only.

I won't take notice of any of this atm, need more evidence ... a bit like that rumour from a few years ago that Stoichkov was seen in a Benwell chippy so he was definitely signing for the Mags. Far too many people believed that one!

So, more evidence needed before I take any notice.

Yeh but
Why hasn't Jennings scotched these rumours if he's definitely staying?.
Why did Onions deny he'd had any contract offer from Durham when Lewis said he had?
I think they're both leaving.

Yeh but
Why hasn't Jennings scotched these rumours if he's definitely staying?.
Why did Onions deny he'd had any contract offer from Durham when Lewis said he had?
I think they're both leaving.
1. Jennings has. When a previous rumour of Jennings leaving having a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if Durham don't get promotion ..... Lewis has said the clause doesn't exist and the players have said they know nothing about the rumours going around (ie Jennings and Coughlin). Of course, it may happen or it may not .... in the meantime I'm going back to my beer.
2. He did more than deny, he said he'd had no offer from the club. So, not being willing to believe he out and out lied to the BBC I find it easier to believe he didn't read his emails, lots of people don't.

Jennings needs to get his head down and get back to spending time as the crease. From hero to zero sharpish. Head probably turned and I expect him to leave

not that fussed about Onions, sometimes time to move on to give younger players a chance

Indeed, but look at Paul Collingwood. Perfect example that it's worth giving people the opportunity to decide when they've had enough, rather than being moved swiftly on.

Jennings needs to get his head down and get back to spending time as the crease. From hero to zero sharpish. Head probably turned and I expect him to leave

I agree, I'm not sure what will happen or what he's thinking - I've a feeling he may think Division One runs count for more BUT, the way I see it, granted I'm biased, is if he can stay, get his head down in 2018 and score an absolute fuckload of runs - a la 2016 - whilst leading us to promotion, that would be worth way more from an England point of view than say scraping 1,000 runs at Notts (or any other Division One side).

Excelling in one division, is different to existing in the one above in my opinion. That for me, is why Duckett was selected for example last year, whilst the likes of Borthwick, Robson and Hildreth perhaps haven't had the plaudits they ought to have had.

Last edited:
Going from memory that interview was done on the day Onions passed Simon Browns record. The contract offer was stated as being sent to Onions Agent about a week later. Quite likely wires are crossed here.
Yes it's all got the smell of odious agents trying to get an increase on their pound of flesh.

Going from memory that interview was done on the day Onions passed Simon Browns record. The contract offer was stated as being sent to Onions Agent about a week later. Quite likely wires are crossed here.
#lewis actually it was sent to his agent and a copy was sent to Onions. So, if he didn't know it was because he didn't check his email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back