Jennings off to Notts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting article by Tim Wellock in today's Echo - http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...ngs_could_follow_Coughlin_to_Nottinghamshire/

Positive noises regarding a return of Latham, talk of captaincy with Steel - I'd love that personally, showing absolute faith in a lad who has answered the call manfully this season no matter where he's been asked to bat, only area for concern would be if it caused a drop in form.

Funnily enough id been thinking up him for captaincy recently, with all of our vice captains rumoured to be off

Laughable by Jennings

Gets called up by England because of his form and faith by Durham but feels the need to be off

It's a disgrace really. Rats.

So this plot may well thicken......

Jennings could be working as a double agent next week at Worcester - because if he is to make an impact, with a big score or some vital wickets - he could hand Nottinghamshire the title or atleast promotion, which will mean (if the rumours are true) he will leave us for them.

That is perhaps the most fucked up part of this whole backward situation.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mike bent as fuck Newell has already been on giving him a pep talk. Wanker.

Indeed but like I say, if any player doesn't want to be at Durham they can fuck off.
Yes and Durham have to take a look at themselves and see if they can do anything differently to stop this exodus. Fair enough they got shafted by the ECB with an over the top punishment but even if Durham had have been able to keep their head above water without getting the bail out money they would never have been able to afford to give contracts to all these players (who at the very least are quality county cricketers) on the kind of money they are being offered by bigger wealthier counties.
The big problem is still there at Durham and that is sources of income into the club they create themselves.

Reactions: Bri
Yes and Durham have to take a look at themselves and see if they can do anything differently to stop this exodus. Fair enough they got shafted by the ECB with an over the top punishment but even if Durham had have been able to keep their head above water without getting the bail out money they would never have been able to afford to give contracts to all these players (who at the very least are quality county cricketers) on the kind of money they are being offered by bigger wealthier counties.
The big problem is still there at Durham and that is sources of income into the club they create themselves.
yup, and remember the ECB has to approve their budget each year.

Maybe the commentary lately e.g. Mike Atherton saying yesterday that the ECB sanctions have turned out to be even more brutal than they possibly intended could make them be a little more flexible next season.

We need a sugar daddy to buy out the ECB debt and get them off our backs.

yup, and remember the ECB has to approve their budget each year.

Maybe the commentary lately e.g. Mike Atherton saying yesterday that the ECB sanctions have turned out to be even more brutal than they possibly intended could make them be a little more flexible next season.

We need a sugar daddy to buy out the ECB debt and get them off our backs.
When i win the Euromillions tonight I will be down at the riverside once the cheque has cleared.

We'll always be playing catch-up in terms of revenue coming into the club. I went to The Oval in the summer to watch South Africa vs Sri Lanka in the Champions Trophy thing, ground was about 80% full although advertised as a sell out. Average cost of ticket about £30 (someone will tell me the capacity of The Oval but you'll get my point). I was sat with folk drinking most of the day paying about £5.50 a pint, Pims was about £8, a Pizza was £12 (one of those stonebake ones you get from Iceland for £1.50). Basically folk were spending an absolute fortune and Durham was missing out on this revenue which over the tournament would have been a fair few quid. We're obviously not getting anymore test matches for a while and as Botham said at the members night at the start of the season, it will be interesting to see what World Cup games Durham are awarded. You look at the crowds some of the clubs are getting for T20 in comparison to Durham as well, it's all extra revenue for these clubs.

Rod Stewart and Little Mix brought good money into the club and I believe this is where the club need to look at more often.

Difficult one for Durham in terms of £££ which is the way of the world these days with greedy agency companies starting to dictate more in cricket.

We'll always be playing catch-up in terms of revenue coming into the club. I went to The Oval in the summer to watch South Africa vs Sri Lanka in the Champions Trophy thing, ground was about 80% full although advertised as a sell out. Average cost of ticket about £30 (someone will tell me the capacity of The Oval but you'll get my point). I was sat with folk drinking most of the day paying about £5.50 a pint, Pims was about £8, a Pizza was £12 (one of those stonebake ones you get from Iceland for £1.50). Basically folk were spending an absolute fortune and Durham was missing out on this revenue which over the tournament would have been a fair few quid. We're obviously not getting anymore test matches for a while and as Botham said at the members night at the start of the season, it will be interesting to see what World Cup games Durham are awarded. You look at the crowds some of the clubs are getting for T20 in comparison to Durham as well, it's all extra revenue for these clubs.

Rod Stewart and Little Mix brought good money into the club and I believe this is where the club need to look at more often.

Difficult one for Durham in terms of £££ which is the way of the world these days with greedy agency companies starting to dictate more in cricket.
Yeah forget about Surrey they are in a league of their own. Even the likes of Notts, Yorks Lancs etc. But smaller provincial counties like Somerset appear to have much better revenue streams than us.

Laughable by Jennings

Gets called up by England because of his form and faith by Durham but feels the need to be off

It's a disgrace really. Rats.

If he was to leave, then he is another who decided to stay last year when he had the option to leave. He showed this "loyalty" you speak of. Do you really expect him to stay at Durham for the whole of his career when he has better options elsewhere?

Not quite sure if you've clicked on but this is professional sport, it's not a midweek game with mates.

So this plot may well thicken......

Jennings could be working as a double agent next week at Worcester - because if he is to make an impact, with a big score or some vital wickets - he could hand Nottinghamshire the title or atleast promotion, which will mean (if the rumours are true) he will leave us for them.

That is perhaps the most fucked up part of this whole backward situation.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mike bent as fuck Newell has already been on giving him a pep talk. Wanker.

Drop him.

If Northants can finish the job here it gets very interesting next week with Notts going to Sussex and Northants going to the hapless Derbyshire. I would do myself an injury laughing if Notts mess this up.

Drop him.

If Northants can finish the job here it gets very interesting next week with Notts going to Sussex and Northants going to the hapless Derbyshire. I would do myself an injury laughing if Notts mess this up.

I'd be up for dropping him too actually. Steel is more than capable of opening - what's more, Jennings form doesn't deserve a place in the side anyway.

Mind it raises another point worth discussing - if Notts fuck it up, does that mean Jennings stays? If it does, do you want him to stay?

I'd be up for dropping him too actually. Steel is more than capable of opening - what's more, Jennings form doesn't deserve a place in the side anyway.

Mind it raises another point worth discussing - if Notts fuck it up, does that mean Jennings stays? If it does, do you want him to stay?

Of course, he's one of the better players at the club. He looks to me like one those players that is very good but perhaps not quite international standard (at the minute anyway), and those players are gold dust for Counties.

Well i think if they do mess up and he stays there shouldnt be a problem. He hasnt come out and openly said he is leaving has he? If he had then that may create problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back