Jeff Stelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gutted if true. When I'm not at the match it's One of the few times I can chill out at home with a couple of drinks. Absolutely love him he makes an average show 10 times better. Best football presenter of all time imo

Gutted if true. When I'm not at the match it's One of the few times I can chill out at home with a couple of drinks. Absolutely love him he makes an average show 10 times better. Best football presenter of all time imo

why have you bumped a thread for March? Was said back then that it wasn't true. Has that changed?

Think Soccer Saturday has had its day really, with Kodi letting you watch 3pm games and maybe along with BT and BBC having similar shows. However, Jeff (and the rest of the panelists over the years) were part of an iconic TV show that will be remembered for years to come imo.

Tryingto explain what the show is over the years, to non footy fans puts it in perspective like. Basically watching 4 blokes in a studio, who are watching the games (that you can't see) telling you what's happening. Sounds dog shite but somehow it works.

Did I not answer your first question by stating it's more professionally run than the other two.

People will continue to watch Soccer Saturday when he has gone.

I agree the midweek one is not as good without him but still people watch it because they want to follow their team or have a coupon
on,they would not switch over and watch coronation street because Jeff is not on
No ill turn it off and look at updates from the BBC site instead.

Alan Partridge should do it
With Ron Manager on the panel

Marvelous

They are all characters in the studio even that wanker Merson but there is one dullard who needs replacing.........
Le Tissier.
Also I would keep Stelling every week but alternate the four regulars by getting rid of Le Tis and bringing in five new lads. Four one week, four the next.
It's all about football nous isn't it ?
If they had to pick eight knowledgable posters from here to do it,
I 'd go with Me, @Perryqhill @Eddie Hitler @gipetto @Prefab @Reiver @MADBOB THE MAKEM and anyone other than @Mrjardine

Last edited:
Think Soccer Saturday has had its day really, with Kodi letting you watch 3pm games and maybe along with BT and BBC having similar shows. However, Jeff (and the rest of the panelists over the years) were part of an iconic TV show that will be remembered for years to come imo.

Tryingto explain what the show is over the years, to non footy fans puts it in perspective like. Basically watching 4 blokes in a studio, who are watching the games (that you can't see) telling you what's happening. Sounds dog shite but somehow it works.
Kodis days are numbered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back