Jeff Stelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch the bbc one on red button.no egos just tells you the scores when garth crooks is on i turn aound off.still better than sky/bt pundits

Wonder what PC formula Sky will follow in replacing our Geoff?
It'll have to be a women. They have to balance the ratio up before someone gets offended.

Can't see why Jeff would retire. He's brilliant at his job, popular, well-paid and he seems to enjoy it.

I honestly couldn't see anyone else doing that job. The way he remembers stats and goals and all them events that's happened is quality.

Seems to have a soft spot for us as well. MLF.
I have a mate who can't stand him because he reckons he hates us. I've tried to watch out for it but haven't been able to see anything to suggest so.

Watched the BT Sport effort the other week instead of soccer Saturday, wasn't bad - the usual interchangeable faces between BBC and BT. As mentioned, Soccer Saturday badly needs a revamp.
It does really need a revamp. Merson, Nicholas, Thompson and Le Tissier aren't really relevant to today's game. Maybe 20 or 30 years ago.

It does really need a revamp. Merson, Nicholas, Thompson and Le Tissier aren't really relevant to today's game. Maybe 20 or 30 years ago.

Thompson is ok imo - I tend to agree with some of the stuff he comes out with, Le Tiss is hit and miss. Is Merson constantly on the drink? I swear he turns up pissed. Nicholas is a pain in the arse.
I don't really know what younger people you could get in?

Thompson is ok imo - I tend to agree with some of the stuff he comes out with, Le Tiss is hit and miss. Is Merson constantly on the drink? I swear he turns up pissed. Nicholas is a pain in the arse.
I don't really know what younger people you could get in?
I like Danny Murphy. I know he does BT but he knows his stuff.

He manages to do it by being positive and not taking himself seriously, unlike sniddy sneering Lineker.
As if to prove a point, this has just been published,

'On Tuesday, at a Starbucks in
Barnes, Lineker and friend
appeared to be struggling
with their bags as they left.
They placed them down on someone
else's table to get themselves
together, but it was only when
they had gone did the gracious
table-sharing customers spot
that, along with their bags,
they'd taken a lemon muffin.

A lemon muffin that belonged
to an eight year old girl.

FOR SHAME, GARY LINEKER'

Jeff wouldn't steal food from children.

No-one watches BBCs or BT's version.

I watch Sky's as well because far more professional, I think that is the reason,rather than who presents it.

It same when people talk about pundits at the match, people tune in to watch the match,not the presenter,not the pundits in the studio, but the match.

People who watch soccer Saturday every week, will not all of sudden stop watching it when Jeff retires.

That's not to say Jeff is a great watch,because he is,but the football is the main watch and always will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back