Jeans economics

Bloke tried to sell me a pair in a shop in Jesmond.
£340 a pair.
Can't justify that price for jeans.

Even worse, Jacob Cohen jeans have elastane in them. Blokes jeans should not have elastane in them - women’s jeans I can see, but not blokes. And some of them have been purposely “faded” in the manufacturing process

If you’re going to spend big dough on jeans then I would go for something like Hiut, Livid (sounds bad, but they are good), Tellason or APC. The latter are decent value.

Even worse, Jacob Cohen jeans have elastane in them. Blokes jeans should not have elastane in them - women’s jeans I can see, but not blokes. And some of them have been purposely “faded” in the manufacturing process

If you’re going to spend big dough on jeans then I would go for something like Hiut, Livid (sounds bad, but they are good), Tellason or APC. The latter are decent value.

Nivver hoard of any of them.

Tend to buy Edwins when they are on sale at End, can get a pair for about £50-60 then. Other than that I do have Levi's. Used to like Nudie jeans too but im a bit fat for them now :lol:

Men pushing 50 following fashion trends is sadder. Just wear what you like, people stopped judging you at 35.
There’s a big difference between following fashion trends and still looking sharp in your 50s. I’m certainly not going to be wearing some of those skin tight, half mast, ripped monstrosities without any socks that most of the kids are sporting.
Tend to buy Edwins when they are on sale at End, can get a pair for about £50-60 then. Other than that I do have Levi's. Used to like Nudie jeans too but im a bit fat for them now :lol:

Aye. I like to have a look in Union for jeans. They pile them by style with 28” waist at the top. Most piles never went down to a 36’’ 😄

Last edited:

Has anyone ever asked you, well other than knobheads, how much your jeans cost?

Back