Jealous?

I'd forgotten about Blodwyn Pig, Edgar Broughton and Spooky Tooth. Never saw Blossom Toes though.
Anyone remember Junco Partners, I think they were local. Remembering quite a few more now Dr Strangely Strange (I think they were called) , The Faces (including Rod Stewart) at the Rink.
Late 60s / early 70s were great for seeing some really big names in Sunderland.
Did I see The Nice at the Empire or did I have to cross the water to see them?
Aye, Junco's were from Newcastle. Still gigging up till a few years ago.

Can't remeber the Empire but as I mentioned earlier I saw Nice at City Hall, probably late 60's.

David Bowie Newcastle Riverside
Pulp Newcastle Riverside
The Verve Newcastle Riverside
Manic Street Preachers Newcastle Riverside
The Cure Newcastle Mayfair
Beck Newcastle Mayfair
The Ramones Newcastle University
Manic Street Preachers (with Richey a few months before he disappeared) Newcastle University
The Fall at a Workingmen's Club in Wakefield

Post a concert you went to that others might be jealous of, reply is either jealous or not jealous, but then post your own jealous? concert.

I'll start.
I saw The Jam in a pub environment ( Croydon Greyhound).
73 , Bristol hippodrome, Neil Young and crazy horse. supporting band that nobody has ever heard of was. THE EAGLES 😁😁
David Bowie Newcastle Riverside
Pulp Newcastle Riverside
The Verve Newcastle Riverside
Manic Street Preachers Newcastle Riverside
The Cure Newcastle Mayfair
Beck Newcastle Mayfair
The Ramones Newcastle University
Manic Street Preachers (with Richey a few months before he disappeared) Newcastle University
The Fall at a Workingmen's Club in Wakefield
That's an impressive list. Saw Clapton ( Derek and the Dominoes ) at the Mayfair. Uriah Heep at the City Hall. Free at the Queen's Head Bishop Auckland.

Last edited:
Can't remember the year might have been around 69 , they did a fewbpubs before they made it , Kossofs family were living in Boro if my memory serves me right , Talking of small venues , I was just too young to see Hendrix at the Bolivar in Darlo a couple of years earlier.

U2 when they up and coming. So up and coming, the gig was free.

Alicia Keys when she was touring her first album & still relatively unknown. 1000 capacity venue as opposed to the ones she does now.

Nirvana played here in 1991, supporting Sonic Youth in a venue that holds about 800 people. Amazingly, nearly everyone in the city claims to have been at that gig.

Fatboy Slim in the pisser at Manumission.

I think it would have been Tyrannosaurus Rex at the time T.

Just the duo, Marc Bolan and Steve Peregrine-Took?

They did a few gigs up here back in the day and I think I can remember them at The Bay but I wasn't there. Other possibility would have been the Mecca?

They were definitely on at The Bay, I know because my parents wouldn't let me go. (must have been about 14). I'd just bought Unicorn which was one of the first LPs I purchased.

Just googled and came up with this - see the list of gigs down the article, reckon I went to quite a few

Arctic Monkeys at the Manor Quay.
Was a good gig that.

Willy Mason at split festival, think a band had cancelled and somehow they got willy Mason to fill in and do an acoustic set. Loads of people had nashed off to the bar or were oblivious to who was on stage.

The Killers ar the carling academy were excellent in such a relatively small venue. Think it was a few month before they did an arena tour.

I do this, and match tickets. Got a few framed up in my garage bar. Lost loads too over the years, but always make a point in trying to keep them

garage bar sounds mint :D. the tickets are irreplaceable. ive got mine in a crap wilkinsons frame but im going to take them to the picture place and get them framed properly and also get my festival tickets, wristbands and lanyards put in a frame

garage bar sounds mint :D. the tickets are irreplaceable. ive got mine in a crap wilkinsons frame but im going to take them to the picture place and get them framed properly and also get my festival tickets, wristbands and lanyards put in a frame
I got a couple of poster size frames from IKEA and stuck a load of match tickets in one, and gig tickets in the other.

It's a bit nippy this time of year, and is in need of a tidy, but I've got my sub machine set up there for booze

Back