Jealous?

I think I attended most Free gigs in Sunderland, they were my favourite band at the time, I know a few of the same lads Nemo knows, can't remember If I ever met Bruce though?
the Bay was a bugger to get to If you lived in Sunderland, never mind Seaham.
OK in the Summer, you could walk, but a bugger in winter, got soaked many times making my way home from the Bay and Mecca, wouldn't swap those experiences now though, very fond memories.

Great post Teed.

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

@---Nemo---

Bloody hell Teed, that's just jogged my memory.

I wasn't there but I now vaguely remember the story.

This Year's Girl - a very decent local band at the time. I saw them a few times. Singer was Bruce MacDonald Lowes who is still gigging.

He is indeed. Still sprightly and looking as cool as ever and still talking about how he gave Bryan Ferry his big break. I'm told he's mentioned in Ferry's autobiography, although not having read it I can't confirm.
Morning fella.

Just thought you'd appreciate this thread. It's been hijacked by the usual crusties.

Have you got your wellies at the ready?

The storm hasn't hit here yet although the situation is such that should it bring much rain we'll be flooded again.

Crusties rule mate. 😎
Too many fabulous gigs to choose from, Pink Floyd in Venice was a belter given the location. Led Zep at Bath festival maybe?

Last edited:
He is indeed. Still sprightly and looking as cool as ever and still talking about how he gave Bryan Ferry his big break. I'm told he's mentioned in Ferry's autobiography, although not having read it I can't confirm.

The storm hasn't hit here yet although the situation is such that should it bring much rain we'll be flooded again.

Crusties rule mate. 😎
Too many fabulous gigs to choose from, Pink Floyd in Venice was a belter given the location. Led Zep at Bath festival maybe?

I see Borrans Park was under water last week.

Are you high enough not to be petsonally affected?

I'm not a naturally jealous person but Floyd in Venice is testing me.

Post a concert you went to that others might be jealous of, reply is either jealous or not jealous, but then post your own jealous? concert.

I'll start.
I saw The Jam in a pub environment ( Croydon Greyhound).
Not jealous , I saw them at cats whiskers York .
Pink Floyd , "the wall" earls court .

Ah, If anyone is interested here's a link to a decent little read. Roger confirms Bruce being mentioned by Ferry too and how he was auditioned in a hairdressing salon that belonged to BML's old man. :lol:
I see Borrans Park was under water last week.

Are you high enough not to be petsonally affected?

I'm not a naturally jealous person but Floyd in Venice is testing me.

Unfortunately no. I'm quite close to the Rothay/Borrans Park. Fingers crossed eh. :)

Last edited:
Ah, If anyone is interested here's a link to a decent little read. Roger confirms Bruce being mentioned by Ferry too and how he was auditioned in a hairdressing salon that belonged to BML's old man. :lol:

Unfortunately no. I'm quite close to the Rothay/Borrans Park. Fingers crossed eh. :)

That's a great read Nemo thanks. I didn't know about the Bryan Ferry connection.

I know the area well. When we stay in Ambleside we rent an apartment in Romney Grange just up the road.

Fingers crossed for you mate.

Went to a Prom in about 1995 where they did Mahler's fifth, smashed it out of the Albert Hall, had to do ten encores.

Saw The Who at the Royal Albert Hall in 2002. Last time John Entwistle performed in the UK before dying during the American leg of the tour.

More the recycling an ancient smb meme in the absence of anything new to say.

I'm not overly familiar with classical music but I'm sure I'd still appreciate the setting.
I went with a friend who wasn't *that* into classical music, and we were both blown away. Dunno what it was about the orchestra that night, but they were on fire. It's the old adage - there's only two types of music, good and bad.

I went with a friend who wasn't *that* into classical music, and we were both blown away. Dunno what it was about the orchestra that night, but they were on fire. It's the old adage - there's only two types of music, good and bad.

Your last sentence sums it up.

Back